Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This a link to Redstate.com. They are a conservative blog that tends to discuss things in a rational way. I don't agree with them a good part of the time, but I can always follow their arguement.

This is a discussion of the 50 state strategy. I agree with much of what was said. I think his building of Democratic infrastructure will pay off in the long run. By building a GOTV machine in neglected areas, by getting candidates in lower level offices, by enlivening local democrates we build the structure we need to continue to win.

http://redstate.com/blogs/j_map/2006...rategy_working

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Of course! At a state party meeting, I heard some folks bemoaning the fact that my state got less resources than other states. But my state is already a strong Dem state and already had a strong Dem Party structure in place. We weren't neglected. IIRC, Dean funded 2 full-time positions at the state-party level for party organizing and technology improvements. And those things did make this last election cycle go smoother for our state. As someone from a strong, blue state, I'm perfectly willing to help out Dems needing our help in purple or red states. It's a sound policy and, if it continues, it should pay off with even bigger dividends down the road.