Due to a rash of problems concerning our coaches being cornered over playing time issues the following policy is now in effect...

#1-A player must first approach a coach and ask to speak to the coach concerning playing time before his parent does. This should not happen during a game or immediately after. The player should request a meeting with his coach and his coach will get back to him on a good time to hold this conversation. That meeting can also be requested through me.

Only after a player has held that meeting and played more games may a parent then request a meeting with a coach.

#2-No parent may directly approach a coach about playing time. A request to meet with the coaching staff and myself must be made through me. I will then contact the entire staff and a meeting time will be set up. If a parent directly approaches a coach he/she will be told to speak to me first. No exceptions.

Please realize that we put this new policy into effect so that we may best address the needs of players and parents. To ask a coach to talk directly after a game is difficult for the coach. When a coach is given notice it gives him time to put together his thoughts and a plan of improvement for that player.

Please know too that you may call or email me at any time with any concerns.

Lynne Horn
517-323-6309
[email protected]