Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Personally, I think the attempt to square off the rounded edges of the "C" series didn't work well, visually, especially since they left the rounded porcelain doors on the oven and Service Cabinet.

Seems like they could have done it another way...

KitchenAid/Hobart owned them then - go figure...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I grew up cooking on a c and that was what I was looking for. BUT I GOT IT ALL, WHEN I GOT MY B Z.
    My dear husband pets the chrome top lol.

kathie k

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let me state that I love the C! Bottom line... The Chambers Range ROCKS! Period. Regardless of the model. Some women like guys with blue eyes other prefer brown (shrug) I like cream in my coffee others prefer it black (shrug) Personal preference.

I have a slightly different dilemma... I now posses two C's. Restoring a low back and using a high-back. (Bought the high back locally when the newer old piece o caca died on us). When we install the high back Craig told me that he prefers the look of the hich back. Which, I have to admit is cool. I like the light and the chrome shelf.

HOWEVER... below that chrome shelf is a vent that seems to dump quite a bit o hot air onto the top of the stove. I'm wondering if having all that hot air vented out of the BACK of the low back stove will make the difference that I think it will. If so... appearance be damned! Call me Low-Back Girl!

Any low back owners care to comment?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a BZ model that I love, My husband purchased me a C highback in great shape but leg bent and bottom splash missing. The C is really clean no rust or missing porcelain. I just wanted it for parts if mine broke. My Bz has been in continuous use and is fitted for propane. C is natural gas. I can't make up my mind.After buying it and unloading it for me ,I just don't want to change.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a C owner/user and as a Designer, the C is the ultimate Chambers. The evolution from and through the earlier models to the final product, the C is clear. The elimination of the folding top was a great step forward. It eliminated a grease and dirt catching area, removed the hard to clean areas from the stove. The relocation of the timer from above the cooking surface to below the cooking was important as it no longer required the cook's hand to manipulate or adjust a dial above a hot cooking surface and also removed the delicate mechanism from an area of heat accumulation which leads to early failure. The highback C with the builtin lamping continued as problematic for the reasons of heat accumulation and early burnout'failure of components. The elimination of the flat thumb latches and introduction of the bullet shape allowed for easier use and provided a far more modern appearance and use of materials, all chrome as compared to the earlier printed versions. The C followed the Modern movement of design with the linear expression refined to smooth aerodynamic curves. The singular decoative element of the C is the fine horizontal chromed band just above the cooktop, suggestive of automotive detailing suggesting speed and ease. Visually, the C is the least complicated and most finely honed of all the models and is reliant upon scale and use of materials more than any of the other models to show it's design purity. The model C also had the redesigned broiler for greater performance. It seems the C is culmination of refinement in engineering and design from many years of research and marketing. The C is the only truly Modern Chambers offered, perhaps that is why the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan has chosen the Model C as part of their permenant collection of Modernism along side the Ironrite Model 85, note the incredible similarities at [url="http://www.ironite.com."]www.ironite.com.[/url] If design is an important facet of your world, the C screams mid 20th Century perfection.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now that says it in a nutshell. Ditto the same from me.
    No wonder I like it the best. Thanks Ha,....v

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL! You asked for it TUX!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha's carefully thought out and planned response deserves careful consideration by those of us who prefer the model B. For those who prefer an earlier design with the charms and utility of the fold down cover, there can be no other choice than the model B (especially the BZ). Of course the web page to which Ha referred us really documents the value of organic thinking in deciding which design is superior. It would behoove any who plan to respond to Ha's opinion to evaluate the content of that resource. It provides illuminating insight into the thinking that inspired his detailed and brilliantly conceived contribution to this thread.

I'm sure glad you continue to contribute Ha. You are a dangerous man! The forum wouldn't be the same without you.

ROTFL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh *******s ! My intention was simply to provide a design perspective which in no manner what so ever should impact user preference. We all love what we love for reasons most of us can't even begin to express. The appeal to most things is visceral...always listen to your gut ! B lovers, BZ lovers, all you Chambers lovers, we're all in love with the same family ! The peculiar aunt, the funny uncle, the weirdo cousin, matters not, they're all blood and love them all ! Just that some are more fun to hang out with..By the way, speaking of fun to hangout with, whathas happened to BERLYN ???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL !!! Wouldn't y'all just love to know the word that was deleted !!! HINT: You buy them in any grocery store in the world. They usually come packaged in a waxed paper. That package is put within a paper, plastic or metal container. You may eat them plain or adorned. Someone once said, perhaps it was Sophie Tucker or Bette Midler:
    "I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating *******s.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast