Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a model 11BZ. It was put together with a black flat top. Is it possible to remove this top and replace it with the top that has the ridges enabling the cook to slide the pan from one burner to another? Thanks for reading...............Tom

tux_sf

Tom-
    I'm not sure if that would work, but there are a couple of things you would need to look at.

If the sizes are all the same & the location of the fasteners are, then I guess it would be possible to install it.

However the B has little cut outs that fit the grills for the 3 top burners 1 at 12 & 6 o'clock. There is also a little piece that sticks out at about 1 & 7 o'clock that holds the drip pans in place. Since the style of these is different between the B & BZ I wonder if this would be a problem. Do the BZ & C models have these things to keep the grills & drip pans in place? I can't find any pictures to compare.

Surely one of our members with some of each model could shed some light ;-)!

--Danny

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What about the burner pilot?

The BZ has a pilot vent in the middle of the stovetop, just like the Model C does. Of course, only owning Cs myself and having misplaced my B manual, I have no idea where the B pilots actually do live, but I suspect it's somewhere else.

If you switched a B top onto your BZ stove, you might have some gas line rerouting on your hands, and that could be a bit ugly.

-Jenn

tux_sf

Well, the B pilot is in the same spot in about the center of the burners, I think. It is just under the metal without the fancy porthole you BZ & C owners have. There is a little cage kind of thing that is attached to the top too, which must be different on the BZ/C top. I wonder if there is any real difference in the pilots themselves though, between the models. Someone on here has to know :-))!

And yes, it does get a tad hot right there in the center on the B's, but you can use it as a warming area just like you can with the porthole thing on the BZ/C tops. I suspect the heat is a bit more diffused on the B, as I can use it to raise bread dough (then again, the bowl is held up by the ridges so it doesn't get so hot it will ruin the dough).

Can you do that on a C or will it get too hot? Since they mention it as a kind of 5th burner for warming in some of the Chambers literature I thought it might be too hot for things like raising dough.

--Danny