Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chambers stoves have become very addicting to us lately. I find myself scanning the paper, looking for one dumped out on the curb, etc.... Waiting patiently for another freebee just for parts.

So the question is...........
    How many do you own??
    Same model or different??
    Why so many??

Berlyn,
    Owner of [b]ONE[/b] 14-B AKA Big Bertha.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I only own one - for now. I can see myself buying another one, just because it is such a cool thing to own. However, I have a very small house and really have no place to store it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2 Model B's. One in the kitchen, the other sitting in the dining room waiting to take the place of the current one in the kitchen. When I do the swap the other B will become a parts stove.

Treatmaker

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just one, but i keep looking also. i really think i need a spare. i just don't know where i'd put it. i hadn't considered the dining room but it just might make a great buffet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

The copper 1953 'C' - Beauty and on the way is Bluebird, another 'C' only in pastel blue (I don't know the year yet). I hope to fully restore them both. Beauty's copper panels are at the plater's in San Antonio where they are attending to her at a remarkably slow rate! (I try to remain positive, but I have a very naked stove in my kitchen!)

I am not sure where Bluebird will go - perhaps on the enclosed porch just off the kitchen. (For the time being).Bluebird needs pots!

I still hanker for a yellow one and after seeing Berlyn's S&P shakers I now am really impressed with that stove! (Is that a B? - just adorable!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those were Lori's S&P shakers.
    Wish it was my find!!
    I'll have to keep my salt pig for now.

Berlyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's true.

I do have to say that my one complaint about the Chambers is that the oven is too small. Plus, I have always wanted two ovens because I'm constantly trying to cook multiple things that require different oven temperatures. I almost decided against a Chambers entirely because of the tiny oven, favoring an double oven O'K & M instead.

The beauty and function of the Chambers won out, but I still have the same concerns and interest in multuple ovens.

I initially thought about having one range, and then adding in a chrome "In-a-Wall" Chambers oven. Instead, I've decided on two ranges. The 61C will live in an island, and the 90C will be against a wall.

So, around here it will eventually be one house, two stoves. I obviously need a slightly larger house.

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Only one stove - thank goodness. We have gutted the kitchen (removed one wall) right down to the studs. If we had another chambers we might have to add another kitchen. House too small for that.

Been out of touch lately have a lot going on. Removed and reinstalled the safety valve - will publish pics later.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It turns out that I only have three stoves, not the four I had been planning on. I'm so relieved.

Last October, I bought my first Chambers, a chipped yellow 61C named Miss Daisy. In December I added Miss Smint,a green 90C in beautiful condition. My latest addition, Miss Robin, is a pastel blue 61C with beautiful porcelain. Three stoves makes for a very full house...

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wife says "one house, one stove." She's a smart lady. Collecting stoves can only lead to madness.