Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Too delicious from top to bottom. Put into pre-heated Thermowell, cooked with GAS ON until edges began to brown then turned GAS OFF for 45 minutes. Returned to GAS ON for five minutes and another 15 minutes of GAS OFF. Allowed to rest 15 minutes on rack.

PIE CRUST: I used Joe Pieweed's recipe, it is perfect. Pie crusts have always been a failure for me, Joe's recipe is perfect!

FILLING: Left over light and dark meat, heavily seasoned from roasting. Skin and break meat into pieces.
    Mix and cook a roux using quality sweet butter and flour, equal portions. Usually, I use two Tblspns butter to equal flour.
    Gently cookoff flour until fragrant, stir continually with a wisk to prevent scorching then begin adding hot chicken stock, still stirring and contiue until you have a yet "too heavy but getting real close" consistency and then add milk or heavy cream until the sauce is just right. It will continue to thicken but be careful no to make it too thin. Season with salt & pepper and throw in some frozen peas, blanched carrot pieces & pearl onions. Cover and let sit while you roll out the pie dough, if at this time the sauce is too thick, thin down with milk or stock.
    Fill the pie pan with the chicken, add the sauce with vegetables, put top dough in place and put into the Thermowell.
    WHILE BAKING, resist opening the T'well to take a peek. Look once, twice max, to look for the initial browning edge. Once that edge is browned, turn the gas off and don't look for 45 minutes. If, at 45 minutes the dough is not brown enough, turn gas on for 5 minutes and check after 15 minutes of CWTGO.

[img]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7697/chickenpotpietk4.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All Righ, That's It, Where IS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All Right, That's It, Where IS the Joe P Pie crust recipe. I checked out our recipe site and didn't see it posted. Pleast post it there and please include it here. I am off for 3 days and don't want to miss it...v

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You Robbie Crocker there!! [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MsV, JoePieweed's recipe is copyrighted....we need permission from Joe to post it...Joe..., you out there ???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey folks:

I'm very flattered, Ha. Thank you. And I'm happy that the system works. I've got to try that CPP for our dinner, sooner than later! Man, my mouth is watering looking at that photo.

I will place a distilled version on the recipie site. If any of you folks want the full scoop (26 pages worth that goes along with the 4 hour class) on how to make the dough, well, ya gotta come up with some dough of your own and drive out to Chicago. Or, drop in for a demonstration at the Pie and Poetry Party the last week of January.

Regards,

Joe P.