Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Danny, you are getting to be quite the expert I see. I guess the next generation has arrived. Wouldn't it be cool if you and Ellen could visit!

I was born in Berkeley, grew up all over but spent about my whole adult life (up until about 6 years ago) in Sonoma County. Isn't San Fransisco the best? My mother was born there - at UCSF where her father was going to medical school - I was born at Alta Bates where that Grandfather had become Chief Surgeon.

Now we need some more Chambers people in NC!

tux_sf

Hey Phoebe-
    I'm beginning to think that if we can't have a national Chambers lovers anonymous meeting---errr, I mean CONVENTION---then we should begin to have regional meetings.

Perhaps we should start by calling out our individual whereabouts in a more formal way, for those who feel comfortable about doing that? I'm thinking a frapper map entry for this board. I'll look into setting one up for the group & start a thread to explain what it is to the unfamiliar & see if people want to sign in to it (putting a 'pin in the map' is pretty painless & anonymous, so you don't have to share much information in doing so). If there isn't an interest it won't go anywhere, if there is it will at least be fun to see where we are spread around.

I'd never heard of crazedlist until you mentioned it. It looks to be a great idea. I hope the craigslist folk don't come down on the guy who developed it. I'm all for the developing community idea behind CL, but especially for buying/selling it just doesn't make sense to not give people tools to do more efficient searching.

Cheers,
    Danny

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ June 17, 2006 05:56 PM: Message edited by: tux_sf ]</font>

Inactive Member Cook of the House's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right now Chloe is wrapped in blankets and plastic wrap in my garage, but she may be ready to receive guests in a month. I will be visiting a couple of urban salvage stores, and the like and will report back on my findings. I can pass the store in Sonoma if I commute home the long way (I work in Napa). I'll check it out and give you all a report. Curently editing my trip photos to put up on the site. Never done that before, but seeking help from my 'My Space' savey teenagers.
    Ellen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12