Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello new person,

Todd has the Idle Hour cookbook and it explains all the features. Its kind of a user manuel cookbook combined. It will really get you started enjoying the whole stove. It also has pictures of all the pots for the well, which I love. The griddle makes unbeliveable steaks and ka-bobs.

I had to do without a chambers for 20 years after being raised on one.........Now I am cooking on the stove i love. kathie k

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, thank you! Yes, I'm in the process of ordering the literature: cookbook, service manual, etc. I have used the broiler, and you're right...it IS wonderful! I guess my only complaint with my stove is this: it heats up the whole danged house when I cook! LOL! I'm enjoying the board.
    Thanks again,
    Anita

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both model As and Bs come in versions without backsplashes, so that's not going to help you figure out which stove you have. There are a few more definitive clues you can look for.

1- Do your gas valves turn, or lift straight up, and what do the thumblatches look like? Bs turn and have chrome thumblatches. A Models lift up and have lettering on the thumblatch indicating what that gas valve operates - well, oven, or specific burner.

2- Is there a division in the front panel of the stove? Bs have a single panel, whereas the A stoves have a division toward the side where the service cabinet is.

3- The oven racks are different, as well. On an A model, the racks are straight, and the bracket they slide into protrudes into the oven space more. B and C oven racks are more like shallow 3-sided baskets, and the brackets are lower profile.

I can't explain the oven differences very well, so check out ebay item , number 170024984394. It's a Model A, and you can see the gas handles (unfortunately, the latch lettering doesn't show), the front panel division, and the oven rack arrangement.

If you post a photo of the stove, we could confirm its model for you. There are directions on posting photos right at the top of the subject listings.

Welcome to the group!!

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The A & B series units that I have seen (except the BZ) have a vent in the rear to get the extra heat out of the house. You really should be doing so, unless someone has modified it for some reason and it isn't there...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! OK, guys! I have a lot to look at when I get home. I'll look for the vent in the back. As far as the burner handles: they are chrome, with chrome thumb latches. I push down on the thumb latch, and turn the handle from the 6 o'clock position to the 8-9 o'clock position. No, no separation in the front panel. All one piece. It has the fold-down thing on the top. I'm just wondering if the "B" series came with just the fold-down cover, and not the back piece with the lights & timer. I'll see if my son can help me with the pictures.
    Thanks so much!
    Anita

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you have one of the B stoves. Most have the fold down covers, and some Bs have no backsplash at all. They're still B Models, just variations.

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello all. I just found this website. I have had a Chambers stove for about 20 years now, and love it. Little did I know what a great thing I had! I think I have a series "B", but the back piece is missing, making me think it was a series "A" stove. Anyway, it is my everyday stove, and I'm in the process of finding a serviceman, because one of my burners 'spills' carbon monoxide, and I can't use it. But the others work fine, as does the oven. I've not ever used the T-Well, but I have the 2-compartment container in it, and would LOVE to use it. I'm going to order some literature, and am excited to talk to other Chambers-Lovers!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I think I've got a "B" too, after further inspection. I'm going to get my son to help me with pictures. I looked at it closer last night, and I think my stove is in really good condition, comparing to some of the ones I've seen that are not restored. The T-well is just about perfect! Of course, it's not been used in the 20 years I've had it! LOL. But that's going to change real quick. The porcelain has no nicks or chips, the top just needs a little de-greaser around the burners. I'm pretty excited, really. I'm going to clean it up & get some pictures up real soon.
    Thanks for your input.
    Anita

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uh-oh...I forgot about the vent in the back. Todd: What does it look like? Should it be vented outside the house? I'm going to order the service manual, and I'm sure all my questions will be answered then, but just in the meantime, if I can re-route something, maybe I should.
    Thanks,
    Anita

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The ones I have seen are oval-shaped and, yes, should be vented to a chimney in your kitchen (older homes used to have these) or someway outside your house. Of course, in the winter, you might want to re-direct it...the "C" models didn't vent outside, so I'm guessing you don't HAVE to...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast