Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had another christmas party to go to last weekend. I splashed out and brought a bottle of Absinth. $70.95 for a 500ml bottle of green liquid thats 60%alcohol/vol (roughly 24 standard drinks)

I drank about 2/3 of the bottle and although I knew I was drunk I felt clear headed. The best part of it when I woke up the next morning my head was clear and there was no sign of a hangover but I still did feel very drunk and a bit unsteady on my feet. Spent most of Sunday sleeping the rest of the alcohol out of my system.

Oh Absinth is wicked stuff. The Green Fairy parties hard!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is the stuff I was drinking. It was the milder version

The Green Fairy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SO what does it taste like??? I've never heard of it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard of it but never had any...no hangover huh?? Sweet....... [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not sure but I think it is Illegal here in the States...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

seriously? HMMM Belle can you help a girl out???
    just kiddin...NOT!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wormwood (artermisia absinthium) is a herb that has psychoactive and hallucinogenic properties. Wormwood is said to affect the neuro receptors in the brain in a similar way to THC (the psychoactive component present in cannabis).

Most absinths available will say that they include wormwood. We at Sebor have had a lot of absinth brands tested, the majority of the ones we have tested do not have any wormwood at all; the highest containing 3mg per litre - just 1/3rd of the amount that is in Sebor Absinth.

The Sebor Absinth sold on this site has a minimum of 9mg per litre. There is no Absinth brand available with more wormwood than Sebor Absinth.

Wormwood (absinthium artimesium) is a shrub like perrenial belonging to the great family of compositae, which are native to Europe and Asia. It is a long lived, tenacious plant, two to four feet high with grayish green leaves. The flowers have greenish - yellow tint, have no pappus, and like the leaves, give off a strong aromatic odour and are bitter to taste.

Wormwood is supposed to have grown up along the path by which the serpent took exile from the Garden of Eden. In some parts of Europe, wormwood is called 'Girdle of St. John' and is believed to ward off evil spirits. By a strange coincidence wormwood in Russian is 'Chenoble', the name of the Russia city which experienced a nuclear melt down in 1986.

The law is cloudy to say the least, but as we understand it, Absinthe is illegal for resale in the USA, but not illegal for personal consumption. So, the way we get round it is to process your transaction in the UK and post the Absinth to you which usually takes about 5 working days. The Sebor Absinth we ship to the USA is the same recipe that we sell in Europe, so it has the maximum wormwood permissible..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It tastes like Black Opal Nera, Black Sambuca, liquorice, aniseed, Ouzo...getting the drift..lol