Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Um, no comment, Pammy.

I want to hear how Cap'n's dinner is coming along. Has anything flown out your kitchen window yet, Cap'n?

Did the family like your gifts, Cornboy? Did #2 daughter REALLY criticize the tree? Will #1 daughter be anywhere near enough for you to "enjoy" all her kids?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it's already noon here [1pm in Florida, I suppose], and Cap'n STILL isn't cooking and SO STILL hasn't left for Grumpy's house. I love SO being home and all, but during the Christmas season he plays Christmas music constantly. I spent 7 hours yesterday listening to it before I siad, "Can I turn on the TV for a while?"

Fortunately, Grumpy showed up at the door. He likes TV MUCH more than Christmas music. I even made it through several hours of sitting next to him. That's enough of THAT for this Christmas season, I think.

Right now, there's NO beer in the house, a car blocking mine in the driveway, and my ears have heard ENOUGH Christmas music today. Let me know how that attitude adjustment works out, Cap'n. I need one, as well.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can drop the thought on the attitude adjustment, Cap'n. SO moved his car and I was able to get beer. When I returned, I asked, "When will you be going to Grumpy's?"
    He said, "About 3. Why? Are you trying to get rid of me?" I said, "Yeah." He said, "Well, you'll just have to suffer a few hours more of Christmas music." It probably won't seem like so much after a few beers.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OH LORD, NO BEER!!! AND christmas music??? These are burdens thankfully I don't have to bear.

Though, regarding Christmas tunes; Have anyone heard "Police beat me up for Christmas"? It's set to the tune of Feliz Navidad.It's friggin' hilarious, net searches turned up nill, I'll have to email the radio station.trust me Nita you'll dig it.

The attitude is just fine : )

But it could stand to be just a lil warmer, my feets is kinda cold.It's gray out as well, I expect some people are lovin' it, must remind them of up north, but not moi.Maybe a southern migration is in the works? Prolly not.

All the toys and kids to play with I ever wanted are right here, even though there wasn't one present under the cyber tree on display in the front room, it will go back to a tropical theme tomorrow.

It's a fine Christmas.

I ramble ; )

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Capster, Merry Christmas!

Um...ya better get that bird in the oven soon. wink

I decided to forego my traditional Christmas dinner this year, and am instead making a pot of seafood bisque, served in hollowed out sourdough rounds. OH man I can taste it now. *mouth watering* I've got a bottle of champagne chilling, which Chris can help me with. And I think I'm about to open, as I start cookin. It's just the boys and I at home this year, which is kinda cool. I didn't want to go anywhere, just stay at home and cook and drink and celebrate and EAT lol. We've got two kinds of fudge which I made on saturday, huge cinnamon rolls we had for breakfast, some garlic butter grean beans with dinner and for desert...pumpkin praline cheesecake. I think my pants are already getting snug.
    Hope your dinner comes out as wonderful as you are. xoxo

Wavin at JBT, Anita and Pammy Merry Christmas you guys!

edited to add:
    I'm so bummed. The only channel that "Christmas Story" is on today is one that I don't get *pouting* boohoo

------------------

[This message has been edited by ToFuYumMmy (edited December 25, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Houston: We have turkey in the oven, basted in a delishous mustard concoction that is better than what ya buy at the Honey Baked store, my curiosity peaks.Minor flaws in planning have occured, the taters that were supposed to be in stock, aren't, the Y2K stash saves me once again, but they are of the powdered variety and won't be quite as good. The molecular make-up of this ananamlid sucks when it comes to taste, Iv'e run a full spectrum analysis and have concluded that we fucked up.

ToFu,

Any rrru um in your desserts ? Mmmm ery Chrissssssstmas : )

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Cap! No rum in the deserts BUT...2 cups of sherry in the bisque

Don't you worry yourself about the taters, have another beer or two and you won't notice the difference heehee wink

------------------

Inactive Member Jack Booted Thug's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, yes, and no. Thank God on the no.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't even started on dinner yet, but I'm gearing up for it now, making my chronological list of prep's etc.The timing is everything.

My sis turned me onto what sounds like a great turkey recipe using olive oil, dry mustard and worsteshire.I'm gonna make a paste with those things and coat the turkey inside and out and bake as usual.She said she had it over Thanksgiving and wanted to try it herself.If it's good enough for her....We shall see.

The other items are the usual dressing, giblet gravy, rolls, yams, mashed taters and green beans. I had thought about cream veggies as well but..... too much like work.I will instead k.i.s.s.

For an appetizer we have Budweiser.

Accompanying the meal we have Budweiser.

For desert we have Budweiser.

Just jokin', I have a nice bottle of 97 Petite Syrah, recently drawn from the cellar, to go with the meal.

And now it's time for an attitude adjustment to get the ball rolling : )_

Merry Christmas Yaw'll !!!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You were right Tofu, I really didn't notice much difference ; )

That recipe was pretty good but in the future I would make a LOT more of the baste and use it more frequently, I may even inject the turkey with it next time.The oven in this house cooks hotter than the one in the former house, live and learn.

All in all dinner was a success and it was a nice relaxing day.

What are yaw'll planning to serve for New Years dinner? I'm leaning towards prime rib, that would be a fitting 1st meal of the year.

------------------

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast