Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

for Robins father in law..it was with just the family ....very sad times...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

all I had was f*** which seems wrong but really thats all I have...I wish I had Robin here for just a few hours of scrabble and coke and a hot baked potato or some tuna fish................... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ahhhh the memories come flooding in. It was a long weekend, but I am happy it is over. Now we have the public ceremony to attend in April. Here is the obit Hakon did.

L. Heimer, M.D., 77, of Trevilians, died Monday, March 12, 2007 at his residence.
    Memorial services will be held at noon Friday, April 13 at the University of Virginia Chapel, Charlottesville. Interment was private.
    He is survived by his wife, Hanne-Bj?rg Heimer; his sons, Hakon, Mikael, G?sta and Knut Lennart Heimer; four grandchildren; and two sisters, Gudrun Strandberg and Bodil Karl?n of Sweden.
    Dr. Heimer was born March 11, 1930 in the town of ?stersund in central Sweden, the son of G?sta Heimer and Rakel (Karlstedt) Heimer.
    He was a professor emeritus in the neurosurgery and neuroscience departments at the University of Virginia Medical School and was considered one of the foremost neuroanatomists in the world.
    As a young man, he excelled at soccer, track and field, and particularly alpine skiing. He was twice Swedish junior champion in slalom, and placed third in the national championships in his first adult competition, qualifying for the Swedish Olympic team.
    He graduated from the University of Gothenburg in 1963 with a degree in medicine.
    He immigrated to the United States in 1965 to work at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He gained renown in the late 1960s, when he developed what was then the most powerful method to map nerve circuits in the brain.
    In 1972, he and his family moved to Midloch Farm in the Green Springs district of Louisa County, and Dr. Heimer joined the faculty at the University of Virginia, where he remained until his sudden illness in late December of 2006.
    He became an American citizen in 1980.
    At the University of Virginia, in the anatomy and otolaryngology departments, and more recently in the neurosurgery and neuroscience departments, he continued his work on brain circuitry, developing concepts that now underlie therapies used in the treatment of diverse neurological and neuropsychiatric brain conditions, from Parkinson?s Disease to drug abuse to obsessive-compulsive disorder.
    He retired from active research in 1998, but continued a full schedule as an educator. He was active as a lecturer in neuroanatomy at the University of Virginia and at conferences around the world.
    Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Piedmont, 2200 Old Ivy Road, Suite 2, Charlottesville, VA 22903.

<font color="#FF3333 " size="1">[ March 26, 2007 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Cherry_pez ]</font>

Inactive Member Forbidden Passions's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sending some luv your way!*hugs

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got your call Robin as I'm sure you got mine and I love you too!!!
    Hakon did a great job on the obit...almost as good as you would have!!!
    Hugs!!!