-
October 5th, 2026, 08:40 AM
#1
Hostboard Member
RE:
I think this is one of the areas where companies sometimes underestimate the work involved. An experienced support agent may understand customer service, but they still need to learn the specific product, policies, tone, and escalation rules. When I looked at what they describe here, their email support approach includes trained agents and brand-specific processes, which seems important for maintaining consistent service. I'd start by identifying the most common questions and making sure agents can handle those confidently. Real customer conversations are particularly useful because they show how people actually describe problems, which is often very different from the terminology used internally. I'd also keep the knowledge base updated. If a product changes but the support documentation doesn't, agents can easily start giving outdated information. During the first weeks, I would review a sample of emails regularly and give direct feedback. That doesn't have to continue at the same intensity forever, but it can help establish the right standards. Another useful step is documenting unusual cases so the team can learn from them instead of solving the same problem repeatedly. In my experience, good training isn't about giving agents an enormous manual. It's about making sure they understand enough to make sensible decisions when a customer asks something that isn't covered by a standard template.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks