Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OH GOD what a weekend...You know sometimes I could shoot myself for making claims that "I'm peaceful and on top of this summer blah blah blah" because it seems the moment I feel this way and think "OK" nothing is so wrong with my life that I can't handle whatever..."whatever" comes and knocks the wind out of me!!!
    Saturday, Randy and I were making a nice meal on the grill after spending the day shopping and doing yard work yada yada--- I had noticed earlier in the day this pup limping across the street. I believe she belonged to the Hispanics that moved in (you know the ones I have complained about) because she looked about 8-9 months old and I clearly remember them getting a pit bull puppy with her markings late last summer early fall. I thought she had just gotten out and she was so scared that early in the day, I let her be, figuring they would notice and bring her back in.
    I saw her again standing in the road in front of their house just as Randy put the burgers on and it was clear she was hurt so I go out front and sit down in my driveway and call for her...she was skid-dish at first but eventually realized I meant her no harm and came up...she had a rope tied around her neck so tightly I had a very hard time getting it off let alone getting my finger under it and that back leg looked broken below the ankle.
    Randy comes out and says "WHOA" "HEY" "what is going on?" and I showed him....we were both angry and heartsick BUT we weren't sure what to do either. Finally we get her to come into the garage with food and water and close her in "HOWEVER" just before that... the Hispanic woman of the house across the street comes out and goes to get into her car and I say to her...
    "Hi, isn't this your pup" and she replies "oh no. that no mine. it hurt no mine problem" WTF??? I knew it was hers because the dog wanted to go over there, so much so, that the poor thing sat down in the middle of the street and even as her car came right in front of the pup, the dog didn't move so the woman shooed her off in Spanish and the dog tucked her tail and came back.
    With her safely in my garage and our dinner almost burned, I pulled out the phone book and tried to call animal control BUT apparently our fine city doesn't have animal control officers on duty on the weekend, so they sent out police. Nice woman officer...I explain to her what I have just told you and she didn't even want to see the pup because it was a pit bull. At this point the people across the street our outside WATCHING EVERYTHING and fortunately a couple of other neighbors came over to see what was up...the officer went to the Hispanics house and asked if they were missing a dog and they claimed no knowledge stating their dogs were in there back yard. So the officer takes a look at the 2 other pits in the yard that are full grown and says again to me, there is nothing the city can do and unless I am willing to keep this dog (WHO NEEDED TREATMENT NOW) until Monday morning that I could call 2 agencies that may or may not take her and the financial responsibility. THEN... she asks me if I have a gun??? I said no, she said do you know someone with a gun, I said yes...she said IF I were you I would put her out of her misery???? I wanted to ball like a baby!!! I said to her..."YOU ARE telling me to shoot the dog" and she said that would be the best thing if you can't find someone to take her and she said after seeing the other 2 pits in the yard across the street she is concerned that they are fighting the dogs and this pup was a bait dog ( I have never heard of this)...pit bull fighting yes, bait dogs no but it seems there is a huge problem with this now because of the Mexican population in the area and that if I open the door and let the dog go she will probably be used to rile up other pits who are bred to fight.
    OK so there I am trying my hardest to do the right thing and she is saying just shoot cause that's what she would do especially with a pit bull...I said "IS THAT LEGAL"...I got some kind of wishy washy there are so many guns going off around here that if you go 2 miles east you are out of the city limits and yes its legal there. Then she leaves...I make 4-5 other calls trying to get one of the "humane "no kill" 24 hours people" to come get her and take responsibility but NO ONE WOULD BECAUSE she was a pit bull...I DO NOT like pits personally but this pup was so sweet and just needed some attention and a good home. I wasn't able to put her in the back yard/house with my dogs because WHO KNOWS if the pup has all its shots and/or could make my dogs sick and/or if they would fight...I couldn't leave her in the garage because of the heat and her injury...If I took her in to a vet they wanted $60 + to even put her to sleep which I was willing to do if she didn't have to hurt anymore but honest to God there was exactly $64 left in our account which was cutting things to close (we had shopped all day preparing for Randy's kids) who will be here on Wednesday or Thursday. I called so many people asking if they would take her just until Monday. Randy called all his friends...I was just so sick in my heart, so Randy stepped in and took her ( I swear I thought he was going to get a gun from someone and kill her because that officer made it sound like that was what should be done) but he told me to stop worrying, he had it under control. He drove out to the softball fields about 2 miles from here where there were a lot of girls/womens softball games going on and lots young women(he can really soooo smart sometimes). He told a few of them he had found this pup and she was hurt ( but he acted like he had found her there at the fields) and he managed to get a young dog lover to take her and get her help.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Now it's Sunday AM......
    We keep smelling this awful odor in Zach's room...you know (Susanne would know) from my other stories sometimes we get mice and I do everything to deter(even having beaten one with a broom once) but clearly one was dead some where in Zach's room (or do I thought) but after searching and searching I figured IT HAD TO BE IN THE WALL UGH!!! Zach said that the night before he heard something in the wall and another strange noise like a pop. We air out the room, and go about a very nice day. Randy enjoyed his gifts/cards. I became very tired around 3:30 and Randy told me to get a nap...he had things under control (On Fathers day what a wonderful thing for him to do). I wake up and he had fixed Tyler's bed (slats were broke) cleaned the kitchen and was going to vacuum but our vacuum blew up (hahahah it just doesn't stop sometimes)...BUT no worries right??? I make Chicken Fajitas for dinner and it was lovely. Randy goes to bed at 8pm because he has to get up at 4am and STILL I have this nagging thing about the damn mouse. I closed off Zach's room again and waited about an hour, telling Zach he could sleep with Ty if necessary. I go back into the room after everyone is in bed (10:30ish) and WHOA the smell is so strong...I use my nose to locate exactly where and remember Zach said he heard something in one specific wall...I move his bed and go to smell, and at the outlet there. "YEP" that's where the smell was coming from so I get a screwdriver to remove the cover but when I touch it...IT WAS HOTTER THAN HELL and I see a little smoke...called the fire dept. THANK GOD I didn't just all go to bed because the mouse had chewed through a wire and blown that outlet and it was ready to catch fire. The Fire crew turned off the breaker and removed the guts of the outlet and capped them off and said not to turn the breaker back on til and electrician could come out in the morning and see exactly what what going on then repair it properly...this commotion of course woke Randy and he was kinda foggy when I was trying to explain why there were firemen in the house. The breaker they flipped in in our bedroom closet and controls not only that part of Zach's room but all of the living room as well SO OUR PHONE wasn't working (cable/internet/phone bundle provided blah blah blah) ANYWAY I got smart and used a heavy duty extension cord and ran it from the kitchen which still had power to the pc and phone...thankfully the fridge was working and the A/C is kept us cool...no tv or lights in some parts but all in all I AM SO THANKFUL to GOD that I didn't let it go...because the wall was ready to catch fire and we would have all been sleeping...Zach would have been the closest to it...
    Had the police and the fire out ...yep I think I'm in for a busy summer LOL!!!

On a side note when the electrician came out he said it probably wasn't a mouse, that my house has aluminum wiring and the outlet kept getting tripped and was trying to reset itself which was causing the old plastic around it to burn.

Now if only somebody would do a negative rain dance because my yard is a freaking lake...

Inactive Member Forbidden Passions's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

negative raindance? Alright, I'm doing it backwards now, hope it helps!!! *love you

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn Sis, it seems like once the s**t starts it just won't stop.

*Big Hug*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Mehr!!!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like it is raining rats and dogs there in OK. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Give me your rain!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG..I can just see Rae Rae with the dog scene..*SHOOT IT* hehehehehh..I know it isn't funny, but I can just see the expression on your face..reminds me of when I called the fire dept to get my cat Polly out of a tree..they just laughed at me and said I watched too many movies..did I have any idea how much it would cost the tax payers to send a ladder truck to get a cat out of a tree...I was shocked..."Leave it to Beaver" is dead.....glad you let your nose not give up...I'm the same way..if I "smell" something that isn't quite right..I don't stop sniffing until I find out what it is...good job ..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Mummy!!!
    Still having issues here and I barely feel like I catch my breath in between them. The other night I let Rachel and Jordo stay up and watch a movie with me and I went to the garage to smoke during one scene, when all the sudden both kids are standing there terrified, saying someone or something is in the backyard. I didn't hear the dogs bark so I thought they were being paranoid...I pull back the curtain to see Jasper has a kitten in his mouth. My stupid next door neighbor who thinks she is the animal rescue queen, then regrets taking on said animal ( I've seen her go through 3 dogs and I got Scooby from her)SHE let the kitten outside??? It was no more than 10 weeks and I had to scoop it up on a towel and hold it til it died...Jasper punctured its lung or something close to that because I could see the hole. Poor kids were so sad and I was just pissed off and sad. Freakin 2 am and we didn't even finish the movie (Night at the Museum...isit worth watching again?)Anyway I stayed up til 4:30, so I could explain to Randy there was a dead kitty in the back of the van and to please dispose of it. I was very tempted to leave it on her doorstep.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn...she IS as dumb as you said she was.

I did not like Night at the Musum and usually love everything Owen Wilson & Ben Stiller are in together

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You just don't know...I am still waiting for the day I hear tires squeal and a thump because her 2 yr old is constantly running in the street!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

took Chloe to see the "Rat" movie yesterday...it was really cute..I would buy that movie...I can't wait till Underdog comes out in August..the previews are a riot....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast