Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oohhhh thanks sis...I'm getting real excited...I just ordered ( and I wasn't going to do this) 2 cars from RCCA...all they hve now are elites..no more standard versions...anyway..I ordered a Pablo Montoya # 42 Texaco..and a #55 Michael Waltrip Toyota...I figured both of those will be very collectable at some point..now where to put them??..My healing books says not to continue your spouses hobbies, but you know it was my hobby too...I probably bought a third of the diecase in our collect..since they are so expensive now (99.00 each)...I will be very picky..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just because I'm a nice guy, I guess I could let you put them in my etertainment center....I would have to remove some of my collectibles (my Munsters Car, My A-Team Van, and my Batmobile) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] I was gonna say the same thing Rog...

Mum it was your hobby too!!! I love Nascar and like you am becoming a fast learner on collecting...I got Randy the Santa version of Harvick's car
    265a 1
    Dealers version one of only 437...IT TOOK ME FOREVER to find it on EBAY!!!

There are many others he would like. For Valentines Day he is getting
    shelljacket

You know he and Bill are cut from the same crop and I am just as happy to be a part of it...Don't give it up Mum it was about you too!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you need to be over here for speed weeks...the Daytona flea market is loaded with dealers selling collectibles...and cheap because of the competition..Bill and I always went back to North Carolina with at least twenty cars and other stuff..I have the #8 fathers day car of Jr's..It delivered in January, and I ordered it last summer..BTW..I have a lot of old RCCA catalogs...are you a member??..they had a lot of inventory from last year, and I remember seeing a lot of the Christmas cars..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Going to go sign up for RCCA catalog NOW. Randy and I have discussed doing the whole Daytona thing...he just likes to save his vacation time for summer when his kids are here...AWW someday though.

I remember you showing or at least mentioning the Jr car when "Diane" (I think thats her name) was rambling on about her huge Mark Martin collection...I just had to walk away cause that poor girl had "NO CLUE" what a huge collection really looks like did she???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

really...Robin and Mike have taken all the stuff from the one race room and put it in the garage, under beds, in closets..I've got to paint and redo the whole house...The garage (soon to be den) will be the home of the collection...I will probably get rid of the dragsters, dirt cars, and sprints. And probably the haulers too. There just isn't enough room....Bill and I unloaded 125 1/64 scale cars a few years ago..and about 50 1/24 scale cars...and have given away I don't know how many..I gave Bronson 6 books of race cards...Very big books. I would guess I spent (that was my hobby) a couple thousand on those stupid cards...looking back at all the money spent on cardboard pictures is about dumb...anyway Bronson loves them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Randy has ton's of cards and they are worth a lot of money. He has a whole catalog of Raiders cards from the late 70's on and most are signed, because they use to have fan appreciation days in Oakland and he always went.

Tried to get the RCCA catalog mailed to me and the site was bein a butt yesterday!!! I'll keep trying though.