Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Tarot...?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm too tired to be vertical right now but I've got my teeth in translating the last chapter of Red Ram #2 and I hit a total stumper that depends on background knowledge I just don't have.

    Specifically, Kaori Yuki seems to be using a bunch of Tarot cards to represent people (in Delilah). And naming the cards.

    Me, I know the names of about as many cards as I have fingers on one hand. I know minor arcana exist. I have no idea what they are.

    Does anyone know of a good online "cheat sheet" for "Tarot for Dummies" or some such thing that I can get an overview from so I'll have some clue what it is I'm supposed to be translating? ^^;;;

    And... (massive sweatdrop...) is there ACTUALLY a minor arcana called "Soul Taker," or is there some other even more implausible way I'm supposed to read the katakana phrase 'sooruteikaa'?

    Going to try to catch up with the rest of the replies tomorrow... 'night all... (shutting down before face hits keyboard...)

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mmm...I don't know any Tarot card "cheat sheet" sites ^^**, but I *do* know that yes, it's "Soul Taker". ("Soul Taker" is his alias, but the tarot card that he actually represents is "Death") I believe that the Cain site "Earl Cain...to know is to love" has an entire section on the Delilah members and what positions in the minor and major arcana they hold, so you can go check that site out! Err...I don't remember the URL off the top of my head, but it's in s-c.net's links section. ^^**

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ February 22, 2003 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Crisis ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try this one out:

    Fool's Quest - Card List

    Hope it helps you ^^

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay! Info! (going to drop 'em into the bookmarks file and raid extensively for translation assistance...)

    Thank you thank you! ^__^

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    baffled again...

    It was bugging me; in ch. 5 Alexis was giving Dr J a dressing-down and listed out his full title, which translated to "second tier Minor Arcana Soul Taker Dr. Jezebel Disraeli." Except that I thought that was wrong and looked it up, and yeah, the Death card is Major Arcana not Minor... @_@

    I can't find a Minor Arcana which would be its equivalent either...

    So is Alexis "empowered" to give him a demotion by force of insult, so to speak, or was that just plain wrong research...?

    ?.? puzzled now...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">second tier Minor Arcana Soul Taker Dr. Jezebel Disraeli</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Wow...that title's quiet a mouth full...0_o;; As for your question....Either of your suggestions could be right since there is no card in the Minor Arcana like the 'Soul Taker' since the minor arcana deal with the more mundane issues of life.

    0_o

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 10, 2003 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Carole Ann ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Shia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    digital angel has something about the CC tarot thingy up (within section 2, count cain series).
    I have only had a short look at it, and I'm not sure if it's any help, but anyway.. maybe contacting digital angels webmistress might be helpful since she seems to know a few things about the whole CC tarot thing?

    uhm.. hope that information is of any use.. (but I doubt it x_X;; )

  8. #8
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay! Digital Angel! I really like her Cain layout. ^^

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Probably shouldnt be talking about this, as it involves s-c net spoilers, but what's the deal with that guy in The Mortician's Daughter (book 2?? I dont remember) who carries a coffin around? My translation skills arent up to much so I cant figure out what's going on. I mean, carrying a coffin around - whaaaat? Mind you, Kaori Yuki sometimes just seems to go all out for wierdness, so maybe I just shouldnt ask.

    Also, she seems to have a problem with gender-specific names. So far we've had a male Cleo, Jezebel and Cassandra. Which is kinda funny, really.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know -- I haven't read that far ahead yet... ^^;;; sorry! I'll tell you when I get there...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •