Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Does anyone know what Mada mada dane and suki da yo mean? Thanks!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Mada" means "not yet." I'm guessing that by "dane" you mean "da ne," and that's (loosely translated) into something like "right?" or "huh?" or "okay?" or even "don't you think?" (or others...depending on the situation...you get the idea, lol) so "mada mada da ne" would be "Not yet, not yet, huh?" or just "Not yet, huh?"
    "Suki da yo" is pretty much "I like you." "Suki" is like, "da yo" is...kinda...like a more forceful version of "da ne." No open-ended-ness there. I'm betting that this is the most common phrase you hear in shoujo. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Erm...sorry for the long-winded explanation if you just wanted a quick translation. >.>;; ...I get like that.

Inactive Member ShinobiSquirrel's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, no! Thank you!!! A whole lot!!! I rant as well, don't feel bad about it. But don't we all?

I think I read somewhere else... mada mada da ne can also mean/means "You do not meet expectation"? I dunno. I read on some PoT fansite that mada mada da ne means "not yet", but I thought it meant they didn't have a translation yet.

Arigatou domou! ^^