Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah...it's a sad thing that many japanese singers' english is just horrible -_-''' in this case...if I cannot find the japanese version of that song and am forced to hear the english one...erk too bad..I just pretend they're singing it in other language other than english (seriously..you'll laugh your head off trying to figure out what they're singing about)

but...not all japanese singer have horrible english...ken hirai can speaks very well,IMO ^^

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol i think engrish is very cute... it is...say..Excel's english..its just halarious. But Mayaa Sakamoto's english is actually understandable. How cool is that....and gackt well...its not english its more like gacktese..oh well im sure they would say the same about us who try to sing in Japanese.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha i agree. sometimes i think its better that they just sing in their own language. like one time i was listening to this T.A.T.U...and i downloaded this song called Robot. well in russian it sounds pretty cool..i like the song...but then i downloaded in english. now they speak pretty good english, but those were the lamest lyrics i ever heard!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ever read translations of Ramstein? ^^; the songs loose a big of their effetcs when you actualy knows the lyrics. but sometimes I think it's funny to discover years after that this song was in english ^^;

Inactive Member
    Preeesu!!  Just kill me

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I first Heard "Moonlight Densetsu" The Sailor Moon Theme, I kept thinking I heard french in it.... ^_^;;; It was really weird.... It was the first japanese song that I had listened to without seeing a translation as it went.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Well I read up the jpop thread and tried out some of the music!! there's some great recommends in those lists. thanks very much!

uhm but ..

What is it about jpop stars who try to sing English? [img]confused.gif[/img]

Everything is great until they mangle the English.. like Hyde.. a totally cool cat.. then I got my hands on a clip of him singing Careless Whisper?(some oldie by wham) [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]
    And Gackt.. and his 12 gatsu english version. Say what?? [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

I'm gonna pretend I never heard that kind of English and put them back on the pedestals.

So on a different note, I'd love to hear about your specific favourite japanese pop ballads. The current one I like is Shallow Sleep by Hyde.

Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah it's pretty bad sometimes. But at least some singers actually speak english well. An example is that one of the guys who used to be in X Japan (I think it was Yoshiki) could speak damn near flawless english. But man, you want to hear a bad one? Check out Malice Mizer's "Beast of Blood". Klaha just rapes english for half the song.

-Reikou

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^^;; I think Klaha's voice is pretty appalling anyway, so I haven't listened that hard, but I'll take your word for it...

Hyde from Laruku's another who can't speak English nearly as well as he likes to think. (Or at least he couldn't while they were recording True... "good morning Hide" is one of the most lame songs I've heard in a looooong time...)

Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm guessing Larku = l'arc en ciel. And I like Klaha's voice ;P

-Reikou

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that Hyde's english singing has improved a lot. Has anyone heard any of his songs from his new album? They still sound a tad strange, and I have a little bit of a hard time what he is saying at times, but no more so than the difficulty I have trying to decipher what english speaking people are singing XD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast