Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Abe's last Essentials article (which was great) prompted a few people at SCG to write about Elder Dragon Highlander. EDH is a fun great format, which we played a lot down here in Toledo a few years ago.

We developed a much more creative set of rules for it which I provide for your consideration:

LEGEND HIGHLANDER FORMAT RULES
    (Last Updated 3/9/2007)

1.) Your deck must contain exactly one Legendary Creature from any legal M:tG card set. This is your deck's General.

2.) Your deck may not produce colored mana from any source if the mana does not match one of your General?s colors in its casting cost. Your deck may not contain cards of colors that do not match one of your General?s colors in his casting cost.
    (Artifacts and lands do not count against this restriction, as they are colorless.)

3.) Your deck must contain exactly 100 cards.

4.) Per any ?Highlander? format, every card is restricted, except basic lands. Use the Type 1 card pool.
    (The term ?Highlander? is derived from the movie Highlander, in which a group of immortal warriors engage in an eternal battle to eliminate one other. As quoted in the movie, the immortals believe ?There can be only one?, hence the title to this format.)

5.) Test of Endurance is banned, in addition to all other cards banned on the Type 1 banned list.

6.) Legend Highlander format is ultimately designed for multiplayer games, but it is perfectly acceptable to play Legend Highlander in duels. Each player?s starting life total is equal to 50.

7.) The General begins the game in a ?Set Aside? zone. A player may summon his General by paying its casting cost at anytime he could legally summon a creature. You must pay all costs and come into play effects as normal. The General does not count against your hand size limit while in the ?Set Aside? zone.

8.) Generals cannot be removed from the game by spells or effects generated by an opponent. If an opponent?s effect would remove a General from the game, it is placed in the graveyard instead.
    (However, spells and effects which are generated from your own sources will still remove your General game.)

9.) Any single player who is dealt 20 or more points of damage from a Legend immediately loses, regardless of their current life total.
    (Use counters to keep track of damage dealt by each specific Legend. Previous damage dealt by Legendary creatures is remembered, even if the Legend leaves play and later returns.)

Its awesome fun, especially when you coordinate with the other players who your Legend is so you dont get duplication. It is not a mojor drain on your card pool for your oter decks either since it shighlander, and only 100 cards.

Anyone want to give it a whirl?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Once I finish my 250 draft, I would mos def be interested in something like that. sounds like a good time.

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, yes I am considering the format.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sounds fun to me

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm claiming Braids the Black!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why would you want to limit yourself to one color in a 100 card highlander deck? ick! I really don't think anyone will fight you for Braids the black.

<font color="#C0C0C0" size="1">[ March 12, 2007 11:30 AM: Message edited by: kerbythepurplecow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who said I'm making just one deck? But I have some ideas for Braids and it would be a fun way to use her.

Now I want to think of who would be good for my next deck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am reserving Tsabo Tavoc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hrm... so its one legend only... that means no legendary lands or artifacts right?

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast