Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Figure I'd give you folks an update on all of this:

About a month ago, I had a phone interview with the University of Utah. I do not feel that went well, and I do not feel that I am a good candidate for them. Their process was really, slow, and they wanted to interview a lot of candidates, including ones at the major conferences. I hope to hear back from them in the next week or two to get an update.

Two fridays ago, while at Aaron;s, I got a call from the Art Institute of Seattle, interested in a phone interview. I set that up, and that went well, I thought. They were interested enough to send me a form for a background check. I do not know when I might expect a follow up. I suspect that this is my best job opportunity of the ones mentioned here.

On that same night, I set up an interview with University of Colorado. I did well, even thought their questions were on the left side of housing and my strength is on the right side (the right side is the conservative side, includes job skills like budgeting, judicials, occupancy, management of staff. The left side, like the liberal side of politics, includes skills like diversity, programming, community development, and so forth). Although I do like both sides, I admit that I am stronger in one area than the other. They liked me enough to have a second phone interview, which I did earlier today. That one, which asked me about 5 scenarios in the res halls, was also one i think I did well in.

Boston College has set up a phone interview with me late tomorrow morning.

UNLV has set up a phone interview with me on Monday morning.

Where are these instititions?

Salt Lake City
    Seattle
    Boulder (outside of Denver)
    Boston
    Las Vegas

(One of these is not like the other)

Thought I'd keep ya'lls up ta speed.

-Abe

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck!

PS: I think you should be applying for jobs at UNC, Duke or NC State. That way we could be neighbors! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No offense buddy, but I would not be caught dead in the Carolinas. Or Georgia, for that matter.

The Colorado interview must've gone well yesterday, because today one of my references sent me an e-mail stating that Colorado called her today.

I have another interview later this afternoon with Art Institute of Seattle.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TheAbe:
    No offense buddy, but I would not be caught dead in the Carolinas.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jerk.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sweet deal, sounds like things are going well (at least well enough) thats a lot of interviews. Personally I hate interviews, they are one of the very few things that make me nervous. Ah well, I got a new job in Troy Michigan, like most of you know now, and it makes me happy because I'll be here for Aaron's wedding for sure and I will still be able to make it to magic. So yay and good luck on the rest Abe!