Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alara Reborn Spoiler

So Aaron and the Essentials are out of the country, meaning we can't talk about potential Essentials picks from Reborn?
    -Chad

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, you still can. The Essentials is an ideal deck, not just the deck I have. I just have happened to have constructed the "essentials" deck. Someone else can build the essentials in my sted.
    *mooooooooo*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not like there are a bunch of essentials from this set. I count two. Wargate and A-Chrome-Uh with Fight to the Death and Lord of Extinction being close and perhaps in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't run Eternal Dragon, so why would it want the land cyclers? I'm not sold on the fake akroma this set yet. Wargate seems solid. What about that red/green regrowth/burn thing? It costs too much to be really good. There are lots of things that fall to that problem. They're really good, but cost too much to play.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Serious considerations:

Anathemancer - TONS of nonbasics. Maybe? Good late game. Even has unearth. This could deal 20+ damage late game. Silly with Momentary Blink.

Maelstrom Nexus - Talk about card advantage! Will never stick on the board though. It's also in my deck already. It's a "must deal with ASAP" card. It begs for consideration. Cascade is a random, but good mechanic. The ability to do so on every player's turn possibly? Genius!

Secondary considerations (aka Probably not essentials, but will be played in my other 250):

Mageslayer - This at least must be considered. It's way too good not to. Tho it depends on how many fatties are being played currently. Doesn't do much with tokens or 1/1's.

Sen Triplets - Already playing it in my deck. It also is too good for itself. It's cast and it's either "Where's my counter. SOMEONE COUNTER IT!" or "Kill it KILL it KILL IT!". Better in duels. Possible.

Lord of Extinction - It's solid, but fragile to everything but burn. Grab the Reins is death ... unless it's yours. Meh. I'll see. Seems like a lhurgoyf to me. Maybe I'm dumb. It's in there, but I'm not big on it. Though ... Hey MAGESLAYER up there .... !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12