Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive never seen one of the plates go bad... my friend used to just buy discs for his every year and he would put a beating on his tranny/clutch (AWD Talon est.450whp mid 11 1/4) so that car took a beating and the plate always held up fine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have had clutches go out in my time but this one is weird, if it is indeed the clutch. Any help would surely be greatful.

With the clutch fully released, if I floor the throttle below 2500rpm something starts to spin and eliminates acceleration. Just as like when a clutch starts to go out. It doesn't immediately race to redline like a totally burned out clutch, but grabs and slips repeatedly. However, when I floor it above 4000rpm it feels normal, grabs immediately and accelerates to redline.

I have an ACT heavy pressure plate, ACT street & strip stage III clutch, and a light flywheel. It is 3 years old (including 2 years in storage), 7,000 miles and about 100 drag races performed. I did however reuse the pressure plate from the last clutch set up becuase the clutch was only at half life. I had the tranny all torn apart so I spent $60.00 on just the clutch plate.

Comments?