Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK boys... DECISION MADE !!!

I spoke to John today and he convinced me to use the 2.75" system all the way from front to back. This will include a 1 5/8" to 1 7/8" stepped short-primary 4-1 design header that will merge into a 2.75" collector... on to a large resonator and single pass muffler (you cannot get the twin loop muffler in the larger size). I chose the 18 gauge stainless steel for all of the piping even though it is a bit heavier... the 20 gauge steel is paper-thin and I am afraid it will be too fragile for significant street use. So much for saving weight...

Anyway, I chose this route because of the results that I saw on Derek's dyno sheet posted here on another recent thread. I tuned his '00 ITR, which was a stock ITR engine with the complete HyTech 2.5" exhaust system (and actually it was the N/A header, not the FI header) and the LHT intercooler system at 10psi. Since I have already proven that the intercooler is not a significant power adder, the only remaining parts that would make such a jump in WHP is the exhaust system. This means that the additional 15 WHP that this car produced (compared to most that I have seen or tuned - typically around 245-247 WHP @ 10psi) is either from the exhaust or it is simply an exceptional engine in the first place. My hope is that the cause is the former.

John promised the product would be delivered to me in 4 weeks... I hope that this occurs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

good choice. so you'll have it by next april...lol? anyways i found the leak in the R. the pcv valve was stuck open thus letting oil pretty much flow through it causeing all the blue smoke and making it idle so high. changed it and both problems fixed.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 09, 2005 03:08 PM: Message edited by: 00TypeR ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12