Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well here's the dyno

itr112

and jim i looked all over for that vac leak, retightning everything i could and it is still bounceing the revs like crazy at idle. it goes from 500 to 1100 then back to 700 the back to 1500 (you get the point). and now its started to smoke. it smokes at startup and then at full throttle white smokes just keeps on puring out. is white smoke oil or antifreeze burnging?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just did some reading and read that some people have white smoke when the pcv valve is bad...is this true?

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WHITE smoke is coolant... BLUE/GREY smoke is oil. Yes, the PCV can be the problem. It is a real pain to change it with a JRSC, however, I suggest you try that first. Also, if you cannot find a vaccuum leak somewhere, I think you should try spraying some carb cleaner (or starter fluid) all around the blower and manifold and see if any gets drawn in... if it does, the car will idle up high for a few seconds before returning to its old behavior.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ya tell me about it, its gonna be a pain in the ass!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 00TypeR:
    ya tell me about it, its gonna be a pain in the ass!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Major pain... you'll have to pull the blower [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I replaced the stock breather by the Endyn breather kit. So far its worked very well for me; you get some extra room below the blower making it easier to work around there and the PCV is much easier to reach. Just something to consider while you're in there.

But, back to the interesting stuff... you gotta love that torque curve!!
    Do I understand correctly that you picked up 24WHP by tuning the now intercooled setup? What type of changes did you make to the maps?
    What WHP did you have on the old, non-intercooled setup?

Best regards

Mark.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

run 10 was just the first run all the way to redline before tuning. and after tuning is where i got the final number. i never dyno'ed it without the intercooler. but i have been messing around with the intercooler on and off and have got some numbers for you. with the intercooler off and cruising at 70 the IAT is about 140. turn the intercooler on and the temp drops to around 95 in a matter of about a min. i also recorded some full throttle runs and with the intercooler off the temp reaches arund 185-190. with the cooler on they reach about 140-145. i dont know if jim saves the runs but i didn't save mine, maybe he's got some you guys could see screenshots of. if not ill take some screenshots of it and post em up.

as for taking the blower off the mani to get the pcv valve off couldn't you just take out the oil seperator box and then get at if from under the car? sounds a little easier this way then removing the blower.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow that torque curve sure is nice,
    doesnt drop off hardly at all.

my Hp just keeps on climbing the higher I go,
    but my torque just keeps on dropping..

it's really wierd..

What changed from the red to blue curves on that graph? Just baseline vs tuning? or more boost? ??

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 06, 2005 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Tad3d ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what i do to remove the pvc is just fish a piece of string under it and pull up to pop it out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ya they are baseline vs tuning. they were all at the same boost.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 00TypeR:
    run 10 was just the first run all the way to redline before tuning. and after tuning is where i got the final number. i never dyno'ed it without the intercooler. but i have been messing around with the intercooler on and off and have got some numbers for you. with the intercooler off and cruising at 70 the IAT is about 140. turn the intercooler on and the temp drops to around 95 in a matter of about a min. i also recorded some full throttle runs and with the intercooler off the temp reaches arund 185-190. with the cooler on they reach about 140-145. i dont know if jim saves the runs but i didn't save mine, maybe he's got some you guys could see screenshots of. if not ill take some screenshots of it and post em up.

as for taking the blower off the mani to get the pcv valve off couldn't you just take out the oil seperator box and then get at if from under the car? sounds a little easier this way then removing the blower.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Too bad you don't have a before dyno... the temperature diff is comparable to what I've seen.

About the oil sep box: that'll only work if you trash it... its wedged between the blower and the block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast