Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i already took off the jrsc and hondata off my 99 civic si, and noticed when swapping out my b16 that i had the jr map controller spacer still on there. i always thought i took all the jr bandaids off, but, guess i didnt. when we were dyno tuning with the hondata, we always experienced bogging in WOT. now im experiencing misfires with it on.

my question is even though the jrsc is off, would having that spacer there while dyno tuning with the hondata and 3 bar map sensor cause the bogging we had experienced?

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why are you still using the GM 3-BAR MAP sensor ?!? You should switch back to the OE sensor that bolts directly to the top of the throttle body... and remove the JR MAP mod adaptor plate as well. If you still have some bogging issues, they will be because of something else... not the MAP sensor.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i already took off the 3bar. its just that the spacer was still on. i took it off and im still misfiring in cylinder #2. comperssion results show 200 psi across the board. injector tests and wiring show them to be good. i suspect the ecu i bought from some kid is the problem. will tessting the p2t on a 96 civic lx or 95 gsr with a conversion harness be good? only cars i have access to.