Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Jackson Racing Experience ! (Type R)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im glad to see that most of us just are not quite smart enough to tune our cars.I have a 98 itr With a JRSC.I have had no problems,but i have never had it on a dyno.
    But 3000.00?....Im going to be real upset if it clocks out the # im reading here.The btc is news to me(thanks mike)and i support the cause....By the way whos your uncle...JIm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

brettd, your condescention is a great asset to this forum.

Matt

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holden:
    I just love humble first posts!

Greg
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not start on a new board with a bang! 1600 posts? All one liners?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr18125:
    Do you work for JR? (Is it oscar in disguise?)

Have you missed the numerous posts in the past where it's explained you will get much higher reading on Jacksons dyno? Gee I wonder why...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah 166hp is kinda' high isn't it. Oh you mean the 200+...so you're telling me that JR runs the base line and then flips a switch on the dyno to get the second number inflated**...seriously?

**note the sarcasm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, well sorry to all for taking up bandwidth for this reply, but every word was needed to make this accurate! smile Anyway so without further delay here it is:

>>>>Currently with no other modifications the car runs flawlessly and is getting over 200hp at the wheels.>>>>
    We all know the truth to that! 200whp at JR=180whp everywhere else.
    >>>>>I also have had the pleasure of meeting the entire crew at Jackson Racing, including Oscar Jackson, and I am speaking from experience when I say that they are extremely courteous and informative.<<<<<<<
    Meeting everyone? I highly doubt that. Hey guys I met everyone at Comptech when they did my intake! Everyone seemed so "courteous and informative." After the free hummer! LoL J/K Rich, Bob, and everyone at Comptech! J
    >>>>>>>After installation of the supercharger the biggest improvement to me is the amount of linear torque from 2,000 rpm to the red line.<<<<<<<
    Um why doesn?t 0-2000rpms feel good? LoL Hey people my car feels good from 5mph to 135+mph
    >>>>>>This makes the car more usable where it was made to play...on a road course!<<<<<
    So from 0-2000rpm is for all other driving?
    >>>>>>My expectations were "real" and they were achieved by Oscar and the Jackson Racing Crew. I'm posting this in response to the recent posts I have seen on this board and the "linked" web page www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper.<<<<<<
    Thanks for the link to my site! smile As for your expectations being achieved, well you state you have mods, yet you hit around 200whp? Doesn?t JR claim 215whp stock???? Hmmm, but you know falling short of 15+whp is normal with your expectations.
    >>>>>The Type R is a unique car that has a lot more "character" than straight line performance and top speed numbers can reveal.<<<<<
    Who's talking about straight line performance? I think when it comes to my R at 200+whp racing a 180whp stock JRSC R in any course, that will matter. BTW-I'm not into dragging. Actually, I'm going to be racing this season, so having the whp that is advertise is important. Horsepower is a factor when it comes to a 20+whp loss.
    >>>>. If your looking for very dependable and "streetable" horsepower gains for your Type R, it is my opinion that the Jackson Racing Supercharger and BTC box is the way to go.>>>.
    Um sure, its a streetable horsepower gain. You only getting 15 or so whp then stock! LoL But yes I will give you the fact that the "BTC is the way to go"
    >>>>>>>Meaning it will pass emission control laws in all states and work as a daily driver without constant monitoring.<<<<<
    Lets talk about that pulley that?s wearing on all the R's? Not to mention the failing fuel pumps, etc...
    >>>>As far as some of the posts that I have seen of the guys looking for the "horsepower promised"...here's the big picture. There an infinite number of parameters that surround the dyno process.<<<<<<<
    Um yeah, like JR?s BS! So what your really saying is that the 10+ JRSC R owners and us 20+ JRSC ITR owners that dyno'd are all victims of poor tuning and work? Um sure. I think I have more dyno time on my car then JR ever put into the testing of the supercharger. I have seen every possible mod, I have seen every possible anything. The fact is the R makes from 175-190 or so whp stock with the JRSC. 195-200whp with a BTC if your lucky and running stock timing.
    >>>>you have the same dyno and conditions as well as the ability to get the most out of your testing, controling the conditions, and tuning the car there can easily be a 15-25hp difference in the results.<<<<<
    How does this answer that comment? smile
    3jrsctyper
    3 different type R's one installed by JR. All show the same problem. BTW-heres another link to my site showing plots. I will add the other plots I have in a few days. http://www.geocities.com/supercharge...dynoplots.html
    >>>>, I see the results posted by Jackson Racing in a different perspective. The results tell me that they not only have a great product, but also the outstanding ability to tune the car as well as a wonderful understanding of the dyno process.<<<<<
    All that from a simple dyno plot? Wow, talk about reading deep? By looking at my site do you see my past childhood traumas? Or do you see a reflection of my past life?s? LoL
    >>>>Anyone less than an expert doing the tuning and any additional modifications can be a set-up for less performance than expected. I'm sure that any of us with good mechanical skills can install this supercharger and get great results, but we may not get that coveted 200hp+ at the wheels.<<<<<
    So, what your saying is that my shop doesn?t have competent mechanics since they cannot yield a stock JRSC R above 200whp? Here's a copy of what my shop was able to do for me: (I think this is far better then anything JR could offer.
    mmtyper

Ok I think I need to stop here. I really don't want to start a war (especially with a fellow JRSC R owner), but I feel its my obligation to defend this drama with JRSC R's. If its a matter of install error, tuning, etc... I doubt Shawn and Oscar would be going out of their way to help us solve this COMMON problem. If your car did hit 200+whp then congrats. I'm sure your timing is at 16deg, plus other stuff. Also did I mention that the R that was done by JR hit 210+whp at JR, where at DSR it only hit 185 or so whp that same day!!! In fact, I'm running 6deg timing and hitting 220whp. Yes, I could advance it to 16deg, turn the J&S off, and hit that magical 240+whp. Yet, I want to keep my engine. As for the track racing comments, well lets see you at WOT for 2-3min going around a track! Can you say boom! My shop and many others that have been helping us, and we all agree that the R lacks power with the JRSC. Were all trying our best to help those R owners get over the 200whp mark. IMO- it seems like your post was more of a slap in everyone?s face. The way you almost brag about your killer experience with JR, your "high 200whp", your statements of my site (which is intended to help JRSC R owners), your statements of the "true" intention of racing a R, etc... I have had my R for over 3 years now. I think I know more and have had more experience with the R then you. I am on almost every R list, I am part of every R meet, I talk to almost every JRSC R owner, I have tested almost everything, etc... For you to post and lecture me about the true intention of a R, the meaning of a good tuner/install, etc... is BS!!!! I will not take that from a person who just got his 2001 ITR a few months ago and supercharged it. WTF!!!!! How dare you lecture us on what?s right and what?s wrong, what?s true and false. I think all of us could do with out your?your.... (I think I will quote from Matt on this) "your condescension". If you have info that could help us or have some ideas to try out, well please do go ahead and post. But if you just want to sit their and tell people that their R is screwed up for not hitting good numbers and how you went to JR and hit this magical number, well then on behalf of the JRSC R community, F U.

*********Sorry for being ugly about this. I just really hate it when people talk down to me as if I don?t what I'm talking about. I think I have had more then enough experience with the R and JRSC's. Sorry Shawn for slamming you guys like that. You know that every JRSC R and I totally appreciate your help with finding a solution to this problem. I only posted this as a statement on how some people can just be stupid.**********

------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged!
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/

[This message has been edited by Rboosted717 (edited January 18, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

brettd,

We are always happy to welcome newcomers to this board. Nearly everyone on this board is friendly and helpful towards everyone (unlike some other boards). However, if you came on this board to pick a fight I can guarantee you that you won't last very long.

Some people are just a bit skeptical regarding your results because so many people have not been able to achieve the results you seem to have. Perhaps instead of flaming people you could expand on your results?

As for flaming Holden, Greg is a long time appreciated member of this forum. He has provided this page with numerous tips and insight regarding forced induction.

------------------
    Marc
    1997 Civic EX
    The supercharger is gone. Get ready for the turbo.
    Want to know why I got rid of the JRSC? http://crx.honda-perf.org/horror/jrsc.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Batoutahell:
    Good to have you on board. First, Congratulations on the great results you've achieved right off the bat!! I agree with you that the jrsc is a very nice package, and that it must be tuned properly to get the desired results. The problem is that most jrsc typeR owners, myself included, have not solved the mystery of how to properly tune it. I believe that at the heart of all the discontent that you see posted on this board is that Jackson Racing aggressively advertises the blower package as a simple, no-frills way to bolt-on 220 or so whp. Most of us typeR owners had no idea that the power must be coaxed out of the blower with meticulous tuning. I applaud Mike for organizing a forum for jrsc typeR owners. Yeah, once in a while we stop to bitch and moan about the problems that we've had, but for the most part, it's a positive effort to share our knowledge and experience to help each other out.

You mention that you hit over 200whp. What exactly did you achieve? Believe me, if I got over 200whp, I'd know by exactly how much. If you dyno'd at Jackson Racing, did you dyno elsewhere to confirm the accuracy. The accuracy of JR's dyno has been questioned. Could you post your dyno plot? I'm very interested to see what tuning nuances got your car over 200whp.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally a good post! I like Mike's forum too, it just seemed a little lop-sided. I was just stating my "opinion" on the issue. No offense intended or as you'll see further down this page that I was accused of being condescending...oops! Seriously, I'll get the dyno chart posted and on Mike's page for everyone to see. As for the accuracy of the dyno...either both numbers are high or both are low....an increase is an increase. That's what I was looking for. I fully understand the frustration in "R Land", but put away the torches and send the mob home because it won't accomplish what we are all after...faster cars!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rboosted717:
    Ok, give me a hour or so to respond to this! I'm gonna need time to get every bit of info out of me I can. I must not leave out 1 sentence from his orginal post. >) ---mike goes to work...
    BTW-One a side note, I almost got another JRSC R to dyno at DSR today, yet at the last minute he backed out! I guess he was scared of the reality!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't bother Mike. I've read your posts and up until now have kept silent. You're spot-on when you talk about the over-rich condition at the top end...no need to pick on the new guy. I'm just new to your board, it doesn't mean I'm new to the world. I'm on te same side as the rest of you, I'm just stating my good experience..post my experience on your board. I'll always play fair and will only bite when provoked...
    Lighten up guys!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, point taken. BTW-Its not my board. This board has been around long before my time. Were not trying to pick on you, its just his board is a very soild community that bases everything on facts, proof, and real numbers/results. When you first came on you immeditaly starting spouting out R facts and other knowlage that we all know. Especally since I force it down these people's neck! LoL, anyway lets start off fresh. You have a 2001 R with JRSC's with a BTC. JR did all the work and it hits over 200whp. Could you give us some plots, fuel/timing settings, etc....? Also what # is your R? I would like to add you to my site if possable.
    Trust me I'm not one to attack someone for crazy numbers. Heck a good friend Scott was too in your same place. In fact I too am sometime put in your place where people don't belive my numbers. I think the main reason it came down on your hard, is because you in a way put sait in a open wound. You came VERY high numbers, you compliment JR, and in the same time imply (IMO) that we are doing something wrong.
    I welcome you to this board. Since your new, I will let you in on some key rules:
    -Dont claim high numbers, without immediate proof, unless your well known
    -Don't give JR compliments right off the bat. People might think your a JR employee (Keith, Oscar, etc... BTW-Shawn from JR posts here)
    -Just becareful what you say. Many might take it as a threat, when it could have just been bad wording.

Hope that helps. wink

------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged!
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't been talking down to anybody...Mike you need to chill. I've seen as many R's at the track as anybody on this board. I do have info that can be helpful. I'm confident my numbers are correct, and as far a lighting anybody up...you guys "seemed" good-natured. If you think I'm afraid to get on this board and state my piece of mind, you're wrong. If I ever had or will have any desired info why would I share it now? As far as coming on here and picking a fight, ya' really think I've got time for that? In the last three years I've owned and raced 2 Dodge Vipers ('97 GTS & '00 ACR), my twins girls were born and I had to slow down. Thus the ITR. It is a great car and I plan on having a blast in it. Some guys at the track have let me use theirs on occasion and it's an awesome "high rev" car, but TOTALLY different than what I'm used to. Before you start with the "BS" police, "save face" it's all true and I'm not some pimple-faced kid playing GT2. If you want to get along great. I just may be an asset. If not, none of us will lose sleep over it. Everybody take a deep breath and we'll start again....Hi guys!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast