Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the jrsc weak link (missing link) may be a thing of the past . its a good thing . just curious , where would a bov come into play with a roots blower ? just to make that cool PHHHIISSSTTT!! sound ?

------------------
    99' GSR / JRSC @ 6psi
    -JR MAP & BTC
    -Walbro 342
    -Comptech exhaust & intake/icebox
    -Comptech/Koni coilovers
    -Mugen 22mm rear sway bar

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! I can't wait! God, I hope it's affordable.

Do you think it'll be air/water, like the Miata's or do you think it'll be an air/air intercooler?

------------------
    6 psi JRSC GSR: 3" intake -> 217 hp/155 ft-lbs.
    New: Endyn stepper, GSS342

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The blowoff valve would just be there for the sound. There would be no benifit to have it, just fun. As far as a pressure drop From what he has been telling me there WILL be a pressure drop. I am running the 8psi pulley right now and he says that I most likely will see 6psi(time for a crv pulley). But he also stated that rule of thumb for every 2 degrees we cool are intake temps=1hp. He says that the cooler will easily drop intake temps 125degrees if not more. That is a easy 50hp gain. Also running a cooler intake charge temp will be more engine friendly even know it is producing more hp. We all know as we do pulley upgrades with our blowers the heat goes up and up This will allow us to run high boost pulleys and see a good gain. I think the crv crank pulley will do very nice with the inter cooler!!! In the near future I will have before and after dyno runs, intake temp readings, different boost levels and the like. I will post more as time goes on. But I will have to email the pics to somebody who will host them for me cause I can't. later for now!!!

------------------
    JRSC @8psi RC 270's, cartech 2025i water inj, jr map mod, vpac, JR BTC, dcsports 4-1, apex-i N1 catback 2.1/4", 2.1/4" test pipe, Zip22 02 sim, J&S safeguard, fuel pump, aluminum fly(6.5)lb, center force dual friction clutch. A/F gauge, FP gauge, boostgauge, EGT gauge, MSD digital 6, blaster coil, MSD cap, magnacore wires, J&S dual monitor.

MouhadIb

I'm SO IN!!!!! Make Shoa that the FULL skinny is given. I'll be one of the first in line to buy this IC!!!! eek

------------------
    "En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Adreano Galleani, Uruguayen poet.

avatarphp?userid53&ampdateline1008891708
    C speedbanner

[This message has been edited by MouhadIb (edited February 01, 2002).]

Inactive Member austrian type-R's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if it will be a front mounted Intercooler, a intercoller abover the JRSC (under the hood, like the old Celica turbos have) or just a plate between the SC and engine.

He should design some intake manifold where the compressed air is going to an front cooler and than back to the manifold. Is this possible?

------------------
    Blown!!! hhmmmm, I guess I?ve overboosted it
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
    http://community.webshots.com/user/austriantyper check out my ride!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where will the throttle body be? Before or after the blower?

------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
    Best 1/4 ==> 13.356 @ 105.92mph (non-drag street tires!)
    My JRSC Install Site

92SleepR

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by austrian type-R:
    I wonder if it will be a front mounted Intercooler, a intercoller abover the JRSC (under the hood, like the old Celica turbos have) or just a plate between the SC and engine.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be the ideal situation in my opinion. A water to air heat exchanger between the blower and the intake manifold with a radiator mounted at the front of the car. A-LA' the mythical ENDYN kit or the Autorotor supercharger vaporware. I't would seem like a fairly simple fabrication or sand casting along the lines of the GSR dual stage manifold. Picture this; Rather than the butterfly plate, install a heat exchanger designed in such a way that it could be gasketed to, and sandwitched between the blower/manifold. I't doesn't even necessarilly have to be metalic. A high strength thermoset plastic would work. All you need is a flat surface for the seal. I'm amazed that no one has done something like this yet. It seems like such an obvious and easy improvement to the JRSC design.

Mike

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is about condensing water on the small lines. Water can dropping into the engine?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A ~2psi drop in boost would tempt a lot of us to overboost. What is the maximum boost our blowers can handle, if, for instance, the heat generated wasn't a problem? Don't they have a maximum rpm also?

------------------
    6 psi JRSC GSR: 3" intake -&gt; 217 hp/155 ft-lbs.
    New: Endyn stepper, GSS342

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I think more than 14psi is not possible, otherwise the there will be metall to metall touch. Imagine the blower explode?! WTF would the engine l@@k like? frown

There is another downside when spinning the charger so fast. Hell, how many hp do you loss at 8000rpm? 40 or more redface

------------------

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast