Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone else experience sluggish off-boost acceleration? I can give enough gas to raise my vacuum from ~20 mmHG to nearly 0 mmHG, and it doesn't seem to do much to accelerate the car.

What is the cause of this? Does a B&M Commandflo or another FPR help this?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what is your timing set at ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

16 degrees.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What type of headers are you using? That can be a huge contributing factor, especially since you said your base timing is set at 16. Exhaust dynamics change even more if you have cam gears as people mainly set them up for high end power. After I put my Kami on, my low end torque went to crap. My high end is definitely there though. How's the compression in your cylinders looking these days? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am using stock headers and a stock exhaust. I have a 2.5" Carsound cat (Perfection?) in the middle.

I checked my compression a couple months ago. . .210 across the board. But I'll check again this weekend, just to be sure. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, I'll be installing a B&M Commandflo this weekend. If I understand correctly, the Commandflo can be used to tune off-boost FP. If this makes the same amount of difference that my Cartech makes during boost, then this may solve my problem.

Any other ideas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Could it possibly be that your throttle cable has too much slack?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's definately something that I haven't thought of, but I'll check it this weekend. Why would that affect only off-boost driving?

Exactly how much slack, if any, should the throttle cable have? I always assumed the only requirement was that it should be able to open the throttle body butterfly completely at WOT.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 12, 2002 05:18 PM: Message edited by: 217gsr ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 2000GSR:
    Could it possibly be that your throttle cable has too much slack?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thinking is, if the throttle cable had too much slack you would never get to 0 mmHg, cause the butterfly would never open enough.

I think it's just fuel tuning. Have you been hearing any detonation? If you do then it probably is just running a little lean off boost. You also could be running rich.

Well.... now I think I might be wrong about the fuel, cause you have a stock FPR, which should give your basically stock engine what it needs in Vaccuum, you also have the Map Mod which helps eliminate detonation. BUT... fuel tuning is pretty likely.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, well the B&M is going on today, so hopefully problems will be fixed after that.