Thread: Full throttle sputter, half throttle power?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I finally got the teg back together last night after having a boost leak that ruined yet another autoX. I replaced the 6psi pulley with a 9psi pulley, and turned up my FP to 43psi at the rail.

After fixing other minor problems I was able to drive the car and not have it bog down, or sputter until I hit WOT. Basically, I can give the car half throttle and it pulls like a bastard. But when I give it full throttle, it feels almost like when the rev limiter kicks in. I can hear the blower spinning, but the car just bogs. 9psi is reading on my Boost guage, along with 18psi vacuum when I'm off the gas.

My bypass valve was giving me problems by not opening, but I was able to get it working again by replacing the vacuum hose with one that fit better.

Here's some info on my car.
    1996 integra GSR with OBD1 P28 ecu.
    I'm running Hondata stage 2b, tuned for 6psi, and stock GSR injectors.

I'm getting some codes that make me wonder.
    Code 14, code 20, and code 24.
    14- IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve
    20- Electrical load detector (p28 doesn't have one)

any ideas or things I can check?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just some more info.

My EGT's were jumping to 1400f at half throttle, and dropped dramatically when the bog came into play. But it wasn't just a bog. If I leave my foot on the throttle, the car will actually stall.

edit: timing is back to stock. Also, I'm running my factory MAP sensor off of the intake manifold. I was told that the factory Honda sensor could read boost, and I had an extra spot in the manifold to run it. Only using this method was I able to drive the vehicle.

I also installed my HOndata intake manifold gasket with the hole cut to allow coolant to flow. On top of that, I bypassed the coolant lines on my TB.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 12, 2002 03:13 PM: Message edited by: hypa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I had reversed the coolant lines on my cold air motor (IACV), could this cause this issue?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hypa:
    If I had reversed the coolant lines on my cold air motor (IACV), could this cause this issue?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't the coolant lines. I tried changing them around today. For what it's worth, I spent 5 hours working on the damn car today, trying to figure out what's causing it to do this. To make matters worse, the Hondata tuners haven't called me back, and probably won't for another 3 days.

I'm only tuned for 6 psi on stock injectors.
    Could this be causing my problem at WOT?!?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well the full throttle sputter sounds to me like a fuel issue. WAYYYY TOO much fuel when it goes into WOT can def. do this. You really need to ditch those injectors too. YThose puppies are maxed out for sure [img]eek.gif[/img] Do you have data logging on the hondata?