Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am running a NX Gen-X kit which is kinda pricy for what we are using it for but I don't really like to do things half assed. It is the basic wet nitrous kit, has a thermostatically controlled bottle warmer (the best warmer on the market), blow down tube (a must for sanctioned events), added a purge kit, and I ordered additional jets so I could run a smaller shot. That's bout it, mount the nozzel about 2 inches off the TB and thats it.

------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 11psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, Endyn Kamikazi header, Godspeed testpipe, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S Ultra safeguard v1, RC 370's, Cartech FMU, Vortech regulator, Apex-i
    V-AFC, H&R sports and KYB AGX's,ITR LSD, JR flywheel, Clutch Specialties stage 4, MSD digital 6 & HVC coil, Endyn stepper pulley, NX nitrous and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down.
    Best et ==>13.6 @ 103mph w/ 2.3 60ft on Nitto drag radials @ 8psi of boost

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vaportrail. Where exactly have you been placing the fogger at? Also, I know that it varies from car to car, but in general what size fuel and N20 nozzle would be used? Excuse the ignorance on the N20 terminology.

Charlie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would only recommend a wet kit for the JRSC. I had a single fogger wet on my del sol and the car for 1 1/2 years before uneven dispersement eventually starting messing up the pistons. I was running an 80 shot single fogger though. I went to a four fogger set-up and the car went faster and i never really had the problems liek i had with the single fogger (i.e. pulling out half of spark plugfs etc.) But for less than a 50 shot. I would recommend only wet. A dry set-up is liek playing with a loaded gun. You need the extra fuel. NOS blew up my stock motor by recommendign a dry set-up for me. I've been ripped on club si for saying that dry is bad, but I speak with tru experience.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Woud the longevity of my car's motor with a 15 shot of nos be exactly the same as without? Could I break 14's on my auto ex with jrsc at 6psi? Or will I break my tranny first smile

------------------
    Houston, TX
    1999 FBP Civic EX auto SUPERCHARGED Performance: Jackson Racing Supercharger w/fuel pump
    Air Intake w/ Hiper Filter, Heat Shield Thermal Research & Development Cat-Back Exhaust, Accel Thundersport +300 Plug wires, Nuespeed Sport Springs, APC Rear Strut Tower Bar, APC Breather Filter, VTEC Light
    www.geocities.com/tom_civic99

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, all you guys like the Wet kits. I always recommend them when running over 40shot. I have just had better results w/ dry set-up my SC'd application. A properly tuned dry set-up works.........my D is living proof. Though I think I'm just a really good driver w/ a decent set-up.
    I've ran a .15-.38 jet on my Sc-d D. Note: stock injectors w/ Apexi SAFC and Cartech fmu up to a .20 jet. I currently run a .38 jet w/ 310 injectors(plus Cartech & Apexi SAFC). No problems to date.

------------------
    TEAM GREASE MONKEY

1995 Civic EX w/ JRSC(6psi)
    13.98@101mph w/ NOS

1992 H22 Civic VX Hybrid
    '93 H22, Msd Coil, Fluidyne rad., Spal fan, Apexi N-1 exhaust, ACT clutch, GC Coilover, KYB AGX's, 17in Octanes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Using a dry setup consists of adding fuel to compensate via boosting fuel pressure. This is not the most accurate way of adding nos into your system, especially if you are running a BDFPR (as most of you are). It's just too complicated, and introduces too many variables into the system. Can it be done this way? Sure, but I don't like raising fuel pressures any higher if possible, as higher pressures tend to kill fuel pumps faster. In addition, if you are running stock injectors, then the added fuel pressures would likely push you beyond the duty cycle in which you would want to run. On top of that, injecting the fuel and the nitrous into the blower allows it all to atomize far more effectively than a dry setup can.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I too have a D series engine with a dry kit. It's not hooked up yet, I'm looking for some more details. Listed just below are my details. Also I live at 5800 feet above sea level if that makes a difference to any of these questions.

8 PSI JRSC'd 2000 Civic EX SOHC, 3" Injen intake with ColdAirExtension, DC Sports 4-2-1 1 piece SS header, DC Sports Cat-Back, V-AFC, JAZ CatchCan, GSS-342, J&S UltraSafeguard V.2, JR map controller, Cartech FMU.

Where does the vacuum hoses go to raise the fuel pressure in relation to the blower manifold and the stock FPR and/or the blower manifold and the Cartech FMU?

Any changes need to be made to idle fuel pressure or adjustment screws on the cartech? Currently my idle fuel pressure is 38 PSI.

Currently right now it's jetted for a 50 shot. How big of a shot is a .20 jet?

I'd like to put the jet at the very bottom of the cold air intake, so that the jet will be by the wheel well and closer to the filter than the TB. The reason for this is secrecy. What sort of problems would I run into with this setup, i.e. why is it not recommended?

Out of curiousity, for those of you who have used Nitrous before on the JRSC, do you use it with a bottle warmer and N2O gauge or not?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MastrHU "Can I still use my stock injectors since the fuel is being added though the nozzle?"
    Yes.

"Can I run nitrous and water injection at the same time?" You could but it would be a waste of power since the extra fuel and N2O is already providing the cooling.

This is a great thread.

Have been running alchol wet kit through the charger for about a year now.

Do not buy a spearco water inj. If you really want one though I have one make me a offer say $50

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now you guys got me thinking about nitrous, instead of upgrading my pulley. With a pulley upgrade, I will always have that high boost and strain on my engine. With nitrous, I will only push my engine when I feel it is neccesary. Most of you say that the wet kit is the best. Can I still use my stock injectors since the fuel is being added though the nozzle? Also, I have the water injection kit. By the way, I would say that it's more of a safety device then a power adder. I got about 4hp running the thing. My question is: Will the water from the injector be bad for the nitrous and fuel mixture? Can I run nitrous and water injection at the same time?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BUMP ^

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast