Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

again, i will post this....

Okay, i installed the map converter thinking that the problem will go away. well here is is after the car is good and hot( warmed up) I get this lag/stutter/hesitation, and the a/f goes nuts at around 7in hg to 0 vac.. usually at a dead stop and i start driving again. I'm trying to pinpoint the problem but i'm not sure what it is. I've tried various static fuel pressures from 50-65psi, but nothing helps. I thought maybe it was my JR FMU 2nd one (2months old) it by the way never helped when i swapped out my 1st on for it. So know I'm thinking fuel pump, Hard to troubleshoot that. It doesn't do this except after around 15 or so minutes in the heat, even if i baby it and don't boost for that length of time, and still does its stupid hesitation/stutter thingy..... I'm not the most technical person, but i know that the car shouldn't be doing this, and the amount of money i've spent on all this stuff, isn't making it worthwhile, Some say fuel pump, others say FMU, others say vafc, Techs please help me..... Maybe i should just get rid of this and go back to stock, but then i think i would be more mad at myself, i knew what i was getting into from the beginning, but it sucks that i'll have to replace almost everything, just to figure out the problem, because i dont' have extra parts just laying around..... Any ideas, i'm done pouting now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Go to http://www.hondata.com/boostjrsc.html and familiarise yourself with the (many) problems associated with the JRSC. The problem here could be computer trying to control the fuelling in closed loop as the car goes into or near boost. Symptoms are exactly as you have mentioned. AF cycling 1-4 times per second and stuttering. Usually happens only at under 25% throttle.

Make sure you read the tech section on fuel pumps and the problems of high fuel pressure. http://www.hondata.com/techfuelpump.html

Best solution is a standalone engine management - Hondata is one of them. Then you can sell your FMU, MAP converter BTM, Jackson VPAC etc and probably even revert to your stock fuel pump - get more power and better driveability.

See this tune of a JRSC Type R for proof.
    http://www.hondata.com/dyno00sctyper.html

[This message has been edited by Hondata (edited July 31, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

me being dumb, how much are these things and what all would i have to buy with it, i know i would have to purchase something Type R's stock SC don't dyno that high with just a standalone........

Can you email me privately