Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

First off, I don't know much about the subject, just had been thinking about it while trying to tune my JR FPR using my A/F gage.
    I don't know what the specs are for "balanced" injector flow rate...within 10%, 2% or as tight as 0.01%?
    I had been thinking any imbalance would be increased with higher fuel pressures we're using. I was also thinking that my A/F meter is reading the average mixture of the combustion of 4 injectors. See where I'm going?
    If I have one injector flowing less than the others, while adjusting the FPR I would 1) be enriching the other 3 to "fool" the A/F meter. and 2) be more likely to have detonation from the lean injector.

Any answers out there?

Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Your concerns are well founded. RCs are flow balanced within less than 1% and you get a printout showing the results of testing that was done prior to sending them out. TOO has indicated that the spread is bigger with Venoms. I'm going to get mine checked this Winter.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been told the A/F guage isn't that accurate, but it'll give you a rough idea of where you're at.

------------------
    My little civic is turning into a BEAST!!!