Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Screamin'

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SuperTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello everyone. I am new to the board. I have a 95 gsr with JRSC and I plan on upgrading boost and engine build up pretty soon, but I have a basic question. My supercharger doesn't scream or make alot of "noise" until like 6000 rpm's and I just wondered if this was normal. My friend has a JRSC on his 2000 si and his charger is so loud. It sounds really good. Are the gsr's quieter.

    my mods are: comptech intake, dc 421 headers, Greddy Evo exhaust, msd ext. coil, and B&M fpr.

    ------------------
    As long as its fast!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board.
    Typically, the JRSC is quieter on the M62 applications (GSR, Type "R", Civic Si) than on the M45 powered cars (LS, SOHC civic, CRV).
    Some of the sound differences are due to the intake and exhaust combination... then again, you may have a slipping belt and you are not turning the proper RPM's to create the noise level that you should.



    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •