Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have a 92 civic Si (d16z6) with a jrsc. for some reason, it builts more boost (upto 6psi) as the rpms go up. (sort of like a turbo spooling). it reaches full boost 6psi at about 5000rpms. shouldn't it be full boost as soon as you hit WOT? anyone else had this problem? any fixes? the belt is tight enough, so that's not it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

make sure the bypass has free movement and is not hitting anything. i did an install with the same issue, took a look, and sure enough, the bypass was unable to move freely and would only open fully when the pressure differential was high.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My GSR sees about 7.5 psi at about 3000, rises gently to a peak of 9.7 at about 7500, then tapers to 8.8 at about 8300. Since the rotational speed is proportional (hopefully) to the engine speed, the boost you'll see is, to a point, dependent on engine breathing. That's why a more free flowing exhaust will produce a little more power while showing slightly lower boost. There's no feedback control as with a turbo using a wastegate to regulate boost.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 03, 2004 01:18 AM: Message edited by: roadrunner ]</font>