Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FullyBuiltGSRwithCharger is it safe??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I'm new to this board but I had some questions for some of you hardcore people out there that have either fully built your motor, and raised the psi on it or have had friends that did so? I'm having my motor fully built completly from top to bottom and everything is being done right and I also bought jacksons upgrade charger pulley the 10lb and I already have the 8lb upgrade. Now I was told that 14psi on the charger and it could heat up and melt. Now I wanted to get some more info on this as well as some info from anyone that has done this before and what happened? and if they were satisfied or not or any information would be greatful... Also any dyno numbers or time slips would be cool to. Thanks Guys!! Again any info Is good info!!

------------------
    Supercharged

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board.

There are a few successful fully-built Supercharged GSR motors here on the board... some have had exceptional results and some have been catastrophic. I cannot give you any personal data because, the truth is, my fully built supercharged GSR motor still sits on an engine stand waiting to be installed !!! Soon, this will be up and running and I can offer some proof one way or the other.
    The bad news is that there is no current way (without intercooling) to run more than about 11-12 psi without heating the air charge so much that you will LOSE horsepower.

The most common misconception about boost is that the more you make, the more HP you will get. This is simply NOT true. The more CFM of usuable air that can be pumped into a cylinder, at a moderate temperature, the more HP you can create with it.

The best way to create a powerful SC motor is to use a properly built engine, select a flexible engine management system, and create about 9-11 psi of boost.

As an example, the "Twin" to the engine that will be installed shortly in my street car was on the dyno a few weeks ago. At a bit over 9 psi, this fully built GSR motor made 262 HP and 188 lbs/ft of torque to the WHEELS. The car is a full interiored Integra GSR complete with P/S and A/C. On 22" slicks, it went a 12.8 in the 1/4 mile. He runs pump gas.

I would say that this is pretty respectable.

------------------

'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Damn I'm still larning and shit but what exactly do you mean the motor was fully built, you mean FULLY LIKE EVERYTHING TOP to BOTTOM was built and he was on some 22 in slicks and hit a 12.8. I mean yeah thats good but i have a friend that hit that same time on a 6lb pulley completly stock motor internally and just had ins and outs on it the basics and hit that same time and was on 14 in slicks. so is there something wrong or am did I misunderstand something?? Thank you for the response but I think I may have mixed something up. Thanks again and hope to continue to get input from you and others.....

------------------
    Supercharged

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Was your friend driving a full-interiored GSR or does he have a hybrid ???
    Weight makes a HUGE difference.
    If you glance at my signature, you will see that I drive a hybrid civic and I run 12.60's... and my engine is bone stock with only a few minor external bolt-ons and a blower with the upgraded pulley. Does this mean that my car is FAST and a fully built GSR is slow ??? Certainly not... my car weighs over 400 pounds less !!!

Just for your information, here is a list of the major parts in the build-up:

Sleeved block (with larger bore)
    lightened and knife-edged crank
    JE 9.5:1 pistons
    Crower Titanium rods
    Crower double valve springs
    Crower Titanium retainers
    mild port and polish with bowl blend
    Moroso oil pan
    Kazi header
    Custom 3" cat-back exhaust
    EFI Systems PMS engine management

Now, this same set-up will put my street driven HB deep into the 11's...

Would that be FAST to you ?!?

------------------

'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that somebody needs to do some homework in a bad way. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. Not trying to be a dick or to flame anyone but....

------------------
    JRSC 6psi(soon to be 8)RC 270's, cartech 2025i water inj, jr map mod, vpac, JR BTC, dcsports 4-1, apex-i N1 catback 2.5", stock cat(my bad), J&S safeguard, (JR 8psi upgrade), fuel pump, aluminum fly(6.5)lb, center force dual friction clutch. A/F gauge, FP gauge, boostgauge. and big old crappy Konig rated "R" 17's this thing is sure to be slow

Inactive Member REALNemeKwky12Seclub's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Actually his friend he is talking about is me!! That was my time in a GSR Stock motor 6lb pulley with bolt ons..... and some bad ass driving wink hhehee but yeah this was in a full size integ not a hatch and just the front seat taken out..... just to clarify

------------------
    N E M E S I S 4 Life Nor-Cal
    12 Sec GSR on 6lb Pulley and boltons.
    IM- NemeKwky12seclub

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my friends cousins brother ran a blah blah blah so ha ha ha . grin !

------------------
    99' GSR / JRSC @ 6psi
    -JR MAP & BTC
    -Walbro 342
    -Comptech exhaust & intake/icebox
    -Comptech/Koni coilovers
    -Mugen 22mm rear sway bar

Inactive Member REALNemeKwky12Seclub's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Guys, Here is me comming clean wink ok. Everythin I have told oy is the truth!! I swear if you knew me would agree I'm not bullshiting any of you. I will bring time slips in tommorow and than try to hook up with a scanner if I can find one. But i have no reason to lie bro. I notice this board is on here to help people and I'm all about that!! I know it may seem unlikely but it is the truth. And I'm totally open to the hating on this cause I get it a lot.... People tell me you gotta be built, tell me I'm Shootin nos, tell me i had the 8lb pulley all this shit. They tell me what I have done to my car when I'm the one who owns the car and knows exactly what I have done to it. I have no reason to come on here and claim a time I didn't get. This is what I had done at the time of the 12 sec passes power and weight ok........

2001 Silver GSR
    Supercharged6lb pulley (but now I'm upgraded)
    AEM Cold Air
    Comptech headers
    Greddy Evo
    MSD 6al with 2 step
    Vtec Controller(but didn't help much but look cool) smile

WEIGHT:
    Never weighed it but Front seat was taken out, back seat is like not even more than 10 lbs with butt/and back rest put together.... And of course the spare tire was taken out.... but thats it for weight reduction At the TIME!

When I went to Skunk2 to get dynoed after I got the 8lb pulley and btc. I dynoed at 225 whp and I forgot the tork but I think it was 163 I well also try to get that scanned for you guys.... to prove.... But I know it may seem hard to believe and It shocked a lot of people but it is the truth. But yea sorry its that hard to believe that you automatically lable me as being a bullshiter but frankly I feel that is a bit immature on your part bro. I'm laying it down straight.. Ok thank you and hope this clears some things up??

------------------
    N E M E S I S 4 Life Nor-Cal
    12 Sec GSR on 6lb Pulley and boltons.
    IM- NemeKwky12seclub

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Perhaps the track was several thousand feet below sea level?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In Jim's defense I do not think he was acting immature at all.

Being that he probably knows more about honda tuning than 99% of the people on this board and has experience up the yin-yang, he has the right to question such a post.

He probably has worked on dozens of Supercharged Integra's and has never witnessed a 6psi integra run a 12 second pass. I myself believe a 12.8 second pass is impossible on a supercharged GSR running 6psi, 14" slicks, and no nitrous, or LSD. I myself have had a Supercharged GSR @ 6psi for the last two years. I am in now way a professional driver but I am experienced and have gone down the track in my car 15-20 times. I run consistent 1.9-2.0 60' times and have never run anything below a 13.5@102 on 14x8x20 slicks.

When it comes to horsepower, Jim is right. You would need over 250wheel HP to hit a 12. I myself do not believe I will hit a 12 with my newly purchased nitrous kit, I am hoping for a 13.1.

Understand that we here are not your average bunch of 16 year old riceboy morons. We work hard for our money(atleast most of us) and spend it wisely to ensure that our cars will be as fast as possible.

We know what works and we know what doesnt.

We know that in an even gutted integra, it is going to take 250wheel HP to run a 12.99.

But if for some miracle reason you actually did run a 12.8, more power to ya, but I can say this, you had the fastest 6psi GSR on the face of the planet, built or non built motor.

------------------
    JRSC@6PSI, AEM Intake, Greddy Exhaust, DC 4-2-1 Header, JR BTC, Cartech 20005, B&M Edge shifter, A/F-Boost Gauges, H&R OE Sport Springs, KYB AGX Adustable Struts

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast