Thread: EFI PMS Question: VTEC engagement & fuel wiring?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got an EFI PMS and am curious if anyone knows how to wire it so I can control the VTEC engagement point and VTEC fuel/timing control. I know I need a 30A 4 pin relay, but am really not sure where to pull the power for the relay nor exactly how to wire it so the OEM ECU doesn't throw a CEL code. Thanks in advance!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 23, 2004 07:57 AM: Message edited by: TimeRacer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't had mine for a while, so I can't remember the details, but I don't think the wiring was really any different than any other accesory that you would run such as water injection or nitrous. I believe the manual had a schematic for wiring an accessory and it would be similar except you would need to tap into the VTEC engagement in the ECU. I bet if you called or e-mailed (Doug if I remember?) EFI they could draw you a schematic. You might also want to try contacting Ed Senf at dynotuner.net. I got my EFI PMS from him and he is familiar with the system. At one time I was going to have him build the relay and wiring and send it out with instructions. A great guy, very knowledgeable and great service. Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Doug isn't supporting the Honda market anymore so it's basically down to following the diagram in the manual. The problem with the diagram is that the OEM ECU needs to see that the VTEC solonoid is still connected or it'll throw a CEL code. I'm not exactly sure how to wire this (electrical isn't my strong point) so there isn't an over voltage. I'll try contacting Ed and see what happens. Plus I'm not even sure exactly what wires I need to tap to allow the NO2 tables to be used for the VTEC tables. [img]tongue.gif[/img]