Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

umm maybe you might know, i installed a new fuel filter yesteray and i was wondering if it is just a bolt off bolt in process? The left bolt was ok, i just screwed it on, but the right bolt, there is long oval shaped "washer" looking thing and a small bolt screw on top of the big bolt. Does that large washer/bolt have to be screwed on in any special way since the bolt itself has a small hole at the botton for fuel to go through?

------------------
    My little '91 Si

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Basically goes washer before and washer after the fitting off the fuel line. I don't remember a large washer...but two small alluminum-like washers on both fittings. The filters run $35~$40 in case your asking..probably not. Relieve the pressure on the tank before removing...loosen gas cap...otherwise fuel will piss out. Line is a 17mm...need an open-end wrench to break the 17mm Bolt...other is a 14mm...beleive a box-end would do that one.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that small oval on top of the bolt is a pressure release valve i believe. just make sure it's tightened back up..it's nice and cold here this morning..start your car up and sniff around the filter to make sure you don't have a fuel leak and everything is nice and tight.

------------------
    -Ben L.
    1989 Civic Si
    1990 300ZX TT Stage III

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah that filter will appear wet around the top if it's leaking...fuel dries within no time unless there's dirt there...so actually if it's clean, and still wet, your leaking.

That pressure release bolt I remember, or I thought it pissed fuel, not sure, but I know the air pressure in the tank is above the fuel, and releasing the cap depressurizes the system.

------------------