Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Well you probaly remember me talking about my freinds CRX which was getting a 1.8 LS motor in it, along with a lightend flywheel, clutch, Si tranny (well geared like one, it was still a cable tranny), intake, header and catback. I didn't drive it yet but i got to ride in it today.

Its impressive. I watched him bog the motor once or twice while racing out on course, and it would just come right back soon as he hit the gas, there was barely little to no hesitation or lag in it. Even in 2nd commin out of the corners, it was having some traction issues (aka trying to turn the tires into smoke). He was getting the hang of it by the end of the day and got faster with every run. He said the handling was actaully still very good (he's get a huge rear sway bar like mine, but he might be changing his spring rates). His next steps are probaly gonna be a LSD, or springs, or cams eek

I have yet to drive it but is seems like a really good setup so hopefully soon.

------------------
    WANTED: Nice Honda engine with great torque looking for relationship with 89 civic. Civic enjoys autocrossing, big pimping, and power slides. Turn offs include sentras and hitting chevy pick up trucks. Got a big muffler tip if you like to tear shit up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now let me get this right as far as his setup goes:

B18A1
    B16A Tranny??
    Clutch and lightened flywheel - or is it stock?
    and LS ECU
    I/H/E - was exhuast a 2.5"??

You've got to tell me how it feels when you drive it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea thats about right, b16a tranny, aftermarket clutch and flywheel, the catback is the thermal he had from before so its most likely 2.5. and I/H and pretty sure a stock LS ecu. Yea, gimme a few weeks, i'll let you know how it drives i'm already signed up to test it out wink

------------------
    WANTED: Nice Honda engine with great torque looking for relationship with 89 civic. Civic enjoys autocrossing, big pimping, and power slides. Turn offs include sentras and hitting chevy pick up trucks. Got a big muffler tip if you like to tear shit up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh sweet. Yeah let me know. I'll bet with that flywheel it really runs up pretty quick. There's not really anything I'd change on that except to chip the ECU for timing advance and such. Not sure if the Mugen program for the LS is for this same year ECU though.