Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

... and that metal piece right below the headlights and above the bumper?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well to get the bumper off,,u have to take that metal piece off 1st

u need your corner lens's out,,and there r 2 bolts that hold each corner of that metal piece on,,1 bolt is easy to get too,,but the other,,the one kinda under the metal piece,,i pulled the bumper back a bit,,and went threw the wheel well
    the there is 1 bolt that holds the center up of the metal piece

there is also a bolt right by the inner corner of each headlight,,,but i couldnt figures out how to get to it,,so i just cut the metal braket that held it on,,i mean it still has the 1 center bolt holding it on,,alsong with the 4 side bolts

then the center peice will come off,,

then there is about 6 screws,,on the top of the bumper,,there are also 2 screws on each side of the car,,along the inner wheelwell

,,there is 2 bolts under the car,,,
    and u will have to unscrew part of the wheelwell cover,,that meets the bumper,,u also have to take out the front bumper lens's

o,,i hope this is for a 90-91 civic hatch,,if not..cant help u

im still trying to find a way to take the rear bumper off,,so i can replace the rear bumper support

i cant get to the bolts that hold the metal piece that covers the back bumper screws

mike

------------------
    96 GSR-milano red-AEM CAI-Greddy PE-GC's/ KYB AGX-RSR 4-2-1-WW front lip-CF Hood-all red tails-16in.R H CP-035-Type R spoiler-fact. underbody kit sides and rear lips
    94 civic DX H/B-Amazon Blue Met. -DC 4-2-1 header-2001 GSR rims-Tsunami front lip-red/clear tails-GC's/KYB AGX-Greddy PE
    90 civic SI H/B-95 GSR rims

http://www.foreignaffairz.com

[This message has been edited by Wrath of VTEC (edited August 06, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i still cant get that fuckin bumper off! i need to take off my headlights but i cant those fuckin thinks out either!! what am i doing wrong?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Headlights are faily easy...but you need to take out the side markers and then disconnect the fender 10mm bolt form the headlight housing (if I remember correctly). From there it's 4 10mm bolts - 2 on top, 2 underneath.

...but I would screw with the headlights, not worth it.

Bumper is easy man. 2 each screws on sides, 2 10mm bolts on bottom center of bumper. Pull front bumper lenses - outer screw to remove, disconnect and remove lense. 2 10mm or 12mm on each side - whatever honda put in there for the bumper mounts...that should be the bumper. It's not complicated at all. Make sure that there aren't splashguards connected...I forget if they are connected or not, but I think not, be safe and check.