Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright, well my ZC's idle would stick at like 2 grand untill I put my foot behind the pedal amd brought it towards me. Then it would drop down to 750. I though this was a sign of the TB sticking so I took it off and cleaned it with carb cleaner. I put it back on and the idle was at 3000!. I adjusted the idle back down to 750 and reset the ecu. Now when I start the car it idles at around 2 grand (rising on its own at times), but then goes back to normal idle when I bring the pedal towards me.

I'm lost. I really cant even drive it anymore. Its so bad. I'm thinking the problem is with the throttle cable. I'm using the DX cable and when I move it under the hood the idle rises up to 4 grand +. Took me forever to get it to set in there to even idle at 2 grand. (the idle screw is turned all the way down when idling around 750). Whats the proper way to route the DX throttle cable.

ALso, After driving it around the block, like this loud ringing sound during a bit of acceleration. I think it may be coming from that dashpot thing.. I dont know., can anyone help me out. I'm 17 and need this car as my daily driver.

thanks,
    Joe

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

get a throttle cable out of an integra...mine works great and check for a vacuum leak around the dashpot and the t-body...a vacuum leak will make a hissing noise and the throttle will stick if the cable is binding.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what year integra do i got the cable from? There seems to be a lot of noise (air) coming from directly the dashpot. None of the vacums just in the area where the little moving bar goes into the dashpot.