Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard someone say something about using a spray that you spray into your intake hose and it goes into the Throttle Body and cleans it. I went to Salvo yesterday but the closest thing I could find was something you dumped in your gas tank.

So what is this stuff and where can I get it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So I can buy the carb cleaning aerosol can stuff and just use that and spray it into the air chamber and it will clean it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the stuff they were talikn about is an aersol...and it will say injector safe on the can..same kind of stuff as carb clean...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heh, my dad and I did this just the other day. We used some Carb Cleaner that we had layin around(works real good to kill bees and stuff). Anyway it's just called carb cleaner. Now the only problem is there are two butterflies in the throttle body, one is just under the cap on the PGM-FI cover(not MPFI), and the other is down like three inches at the bottom of the throttle body assembly. There's no way to get the cleaner down to the bottom one, even when spraying straight through the top butterfly. But mine is so dirty it's starting to stick so yours may not be as bad. We're going to take it off sometime this week and see what's wrong with it. But anyway just take the PGM-FI cover off, ya know the little oval one, and then take the little screen off the top butterfly and spray some down in there, a lot of smoke comes out so dont park near anyone else unless you want to piss them off. BTW when you have that cover off there's a little deflector right at the entrance to the intake pipe, I took it off, doesn't help a lot but doesn't hurt anything.