Thread: The brakes are on (darolh read you'll like this)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well friday night my new brake system went into effect. Heres the list...

Bremo OEM front rotors
    EBC green stuff pads (V4's)
    Goodridge steel braided lines
    Full rear drum rebuild (new drums, shoes, springs, wheel cycliner, lines, etc, you name it)
    and Super Blue DOT 4 brake fluid

Yes folks, I'm pretty serious on brakes biggrin

By the race i had today i already had over 100 miles on the system and it was breakin in just fine. There might be a weee bit of air in it yet (doubt it) and in a week or two they will need adjusted one more time to make sure everything is dandy, but my god...these things are sick now.

Consider i'm running a stock based system, i can't swap rear disc in my class, and my master cyclinder is still stock size. But i will say this, the brakes were making my 160 treadwear, 195 wide sumitimos fight to slow the car down fast enough today. I few other people drove my car, and the brakes were one of the major things they noticed. I can't put it into words how damn effective this setup is, but it works REALLY REALLY well. The petal can't drop far enough to the ground, so far i have no clue as to what the actaul limit of these things are. In about a month or so i'm taking the civic road racing, we'll see what these brakes are really made of then, until then, feel free to ask anything about them hehe wink

------------------
    "I live my life a quater mile at a time...for those 16.5 seconds or more...i'm pretty bored!"

[This message has been edited by habib_88 (edited September 10, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the update habib. Looking forward to hear how they work on the track. I'll be gone for a few weeks beginning Friday but I'll be back to check for updates.....then it's time to fix mine.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BTW: Were's you get the brake lines? How much?

PS: Gotta love that ATE Super Blue

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how much did the hole set up cost ya i want better brakes and im need of new ones now and im going to do a rear swap soon too
    PIO

------------------
    Drive Fast And Shut Up

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The whole setup came out to be ALOT actually. Gettin the drums rebuilt really jacked the price, and i didn't know my friend bought me the super blue (course i'm glad he did). But overall it was like right on 500 bills, thats including labor, tax, shipping, etc. It was defianally alot lemme tell you, but i can so its SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it. The goodridge lines were 125 (most expensive part on the bill).

Today i tired stoppin on a hill my car had alot of trouble stoppin on before, i was doin about 70-80 down it which is faster than i've been down it before on the old brakes (60 or so). I almost thought i was gonna run out of room, i laid into them hopin for the best. They stopped me with ALOT of room to spare, it was like i wasn't ever moving fast at all. These brakes are scary...and i'm loving every second of it biggrin Can't wait to see how they hold up on the track.

------------------
    "I live my life a quater mile at a time...for those 16.5 seconds or more...i'm pretty bored!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think i need new brakes, i have front and rear disc, cross drilled and slotted rotors...i was wondering what kind of pads i should use and how hard is it to change them

------------------