-
June 15th, 2001, 04:33 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
Bowdown welcome to the board!
I had a DX Engine in my Civic and also had no noise coming from it till I swapped engines. I just dont think the DPFI sucks in enough air to make the fooom sound
------------------
90 Civic DX ZC
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/ericsweb
4th Gen Page:
http://www.geocities.com/hondacivic4g
Car Club:
http://www.teamkayo.com
-
June 15th, 2001, 05:53 PM
#2
-
June 16th, 2001, 03:57 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I've got a 1990 Civic Std. I just replaced the motor with a 1.5 from a dx. I have an aftermarket intake but i don't seem to be acheiving that wonderfull sound that I want at higher RPM's. Is there anyone out there that has been successfull with acheiving this sound from a dx without doing the MPFI swap. Any help would be great.
-
June 16th, 2001, 07:59 PM
#4
Inactive Member
My roomate has a 91 dx with a 1.5, We originaly installed weapon r intake and had very little intake noise at first..but then we installed a custom duel battery setup under the hood so i had to shorten the intake to where it about a 11inch long tube comming stright off the TB with no curve and now the car has alot of intake noise that is extreamly noticable at WOT you can try this using the factory instake tube cut short with a filter clamped on the end it should cause the same effect.
later chris
------------------
"Dont argue with idiots because they will beat you down with experiance"
-
June 16th, 2001, 08:45 PM
#5
Inactive Member
inside your throttle body there are two plates, when u hit the gas the top one opens up to allow the air and gas into your engine, if you take that first plate off you get a lot more sound out of the 1.5, but ive been told to check my spark plugs from time to time to be sure that your not running to lean, in which case you will burn out your valves, but i have had no problems with mine, good luck man
-
June 17th, 2001, 02:17 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Thanx alot for the advice, i think i will try shortening my intake cause i really love that sound.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks