Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really want to get a DOHC VTEC Del Sol. BUT I want as much info on them as possible before I do so. Like VIN decoding, ESM, TSBs, Pros, cons etc... I would appreciate any help or direction to information that I seek. I posted up on honda-acura.net but promptly got ignored. I am not unfamiliar to the car scene as I drive a 99 Nissan Maxima with several mods. I just have been in love with the Del Sol since I test drove one 3years ago. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have owned a 95 and 97 DOHC VTEC. There is little that I can tell about the diferences between the two. I know that 94,95 had heard natorious oil leak around the cam seal. Not a big deal and they are OBD 1, with only one O2 sensor. Body has different front bumper with aux lights. 96, 97, don't.

96 and 97 have different front bumper, no aux lights and are OBD 2. As for vin decode, i'm unsure except about the first start of the vin. JH is Japan manufacture, 1H is US manufacture, and 2H is Canada Manufacture. The rest of the vin just mostly describes year, model, options, and production numbers. As far as I know.

They are getting rare as time passes. Good luck on finding one not torn up. Your more than welcome to catch up with us at any meet.

Usually Geo, is the Wise and all powerfull Wizard of Team sol WA. Hope the info helps.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

refer to www.teamdelsol.com . all your answers should be able to be found there pretty much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'94-'95 OBDI, upgraded the seal in '95, most, but not all '94's got this done for free when available.

'96-'97 OBDII, tighter emissions standards, two O2 sensors used, difference injectors used, along with the distributor and an 8K redline vers the 8.2K from before. HP is the same still, this was carried over to the Civic Si '99 up B block models (same same).

On the cam plug leak all b blocks have this problem, a 5 to 10 minute fix.

DOHC VTEC vin number: ALL start with JHMEG2, EG2 is for the DOHC VTEC notation.

The '95's are the most wanted of the DOHC VTEC models because of the updates (power door locks added this year) and OBDI emissions and it still had the fogs.

That should give you a start on getting one, the rest go where pLaYbOi stated along with Team Sol of Washington site, go to our How-To's pages and look for "Del Sol Features by the Years" which is much more accurate then the one you will find on the main Team Sol site. Click on the link below for our site.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)