Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,

I have Reverse Glow Gauges in my Sol (that light up Blue). I also have an Alpine Head Unit that illuminates a matching bright Blue. The only thing on my dash that does not illuminate Blue is the AC Control Panel. I know I can paint the bulbs blue, but I have had not so good results with painting Dash Lights Blue (Red works, Blue I have a hard time with...go figure). So, any ides where I can get the same type of Bulbs as those used in the AC Control Panel that either have Blue Caps on them OR perhaps a set of new LED Blue Bulbs??

THANKS!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, after searching E-Bay, I found an auction for some caps that are blue for Auto Dash Lightbulbs. I bought them and hopefully that wil work. I am still open to ideas and suggestions......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This link just may help you a bit with it: A/C Dash Control Removal, right from our TS of Wa site.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Geo,

Seeing that 'How To' is what actually reminded me to do this mod! I already printed it out and now I am just awaiting my Blue Bulb Caps. Thanks for posting that to our Web Page, I know it will help a ton. Last weekend I installed the JDM Door Map Lights and your How To article made it ultra simple! Thanks!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Definately keep us updated as to how it works out. I have 2 or 3 blue LED's left over from doing my instrument panel and was thinking about doing the temperature controls. If there is more than 2 bulbs then I will need to order more...or I could always take the one out I put in the ashtray compartment.
    The only problem I ran into with the LED's is they won't power up if put in backwards. So you have to put them in and hook it all back up and keep your fingers crossed. If they don't light up then you gotta disassemble and turn them 180 degrees and reasemble.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was curious in doing LED for dash and climate controls. I didn't think it was possible. Doesn't it have problems with dimming? When you turn the illumination knob, and turn headlights on? I go to Fry's electronics and see LED's, but don't bother because I don't know enough about them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I am reading Geo's instructions on AC Control Removal in the 'How To' section, it looks like there are only two bulbs for the Climate Control Panel (is that right Geo?). The caps I ordered came as a set of four, so I should be covered for either way. Before I had my current Black Sol I had a 1997 Vouge Silver Sol. In that car I bought a stereo that illuminated Red, then I painted the bulbs for the Gauges and painted the bulbs for the Climate Control Panel (can't recal how many bulbs in there though). Man, that car looked sweet at night. It looked just like the new BMW I had at the same time (illumination wise anyway). I thought Bright Blue would be a nice change in my newest Sol ! ! !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Try here: LED Dash Bulbs

The one to look for are #73/74 for dash bulbs, come in colors too. Plug 'n' Play too. Have fun folks.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rodamus....
    Don't get the ones at Fry's. They need to be rated for 12v and also need a resistor in place or there will be a bright flash followed by a small flame and a plume of smoke....I am speaking from experience.
    I did like Geo posted and got ones from a web site that are specifically designed for dash lights.
    I ordered mine off of some guy on ebay. For 10 bulbs after shipping it was around $20.

100 1105