Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

did all del sols come with rear sway bars ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, not from the factory. Rear bars by the years with del Sols with rear bars:

DOHC VTEC ('95-'97) 15mm rear bar, front 24mm.
    Si ('96-'97) 13mm bar, front 23mm.
    Intrega GSR 13mm rear bar, front 24mm.
    Intrega ITR 22mm rear bar, front 25mm.
    S ('93-'95) none used, front only ('96-'97 22mm, old Si front bar used for '93-'95 years).

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 04, 2007 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Geo 94 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before I can really give my thoughts, what is your end purpose. Mostly street, canyon running, etc and how much of each if more then one choice. That will give me a better handle on what you want as the end result.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well before the back end felt light around corners and it was not very easy to handle at high speeds

i am looking for a good setup for playing with corners mountain roads and such

i will be moving to tn. later this year so the roads down there are alot better and its alot flater not as many hills so i dont know

i think i want it still but i know your the man so tell me your thoughts

oh and can you hook me up with the torq specs on the rear lower control arm bolts that would be very cool of you

mr. honda man :-D

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what would be a nice size bar to use? i was thinking about just upping my suspension some more by getting
    a rear sway bar a lower tie bar for the front and rear a strut tower bar for the rear and possibly a h brace it would make the bottom of my sol look like a transformer but do you think it would help with the handling

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, I'll start with the torque fiqures you wanted:

rearsuspension1ig4

Now I can't remember what your car model is and have you changed it any (lower, coilovers, etc)?

With that info I can start.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

right now its got tokico illiminas (the white 5 ways) a pair of iluminum lower control arms that i am putting on in a few mins

weapon r coilovers a skunk2 font camberkit and a dc front strut tower bar

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

as for the vice grips yes i do they are in my toolbox waiting for you

as for my car model its a 95 si

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by stylpntbil:
    right now its got tokico illiminas (the white 5 ways) a pair of iluminum lower control arms that i am putting on in a few mins

weapon r coilovers a skunk2 font camberkit and a dc front strut tower bar
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First thing forget the H-brace, your slammed (Weapon R's wouldn't be my first choice sorry, Tokico Illimina's are good though ), it would scrape all the time during normal driving with it on, even on mine which is only a 1.5 drop. As you didn't state which model you have, I'll take it that you have an "S".
    You can look into Suspension Techniques for the front and rear bar, that way you won't have to change out the lower arms at the front (as your changing the rears). Their bars mount without the holes on the arms front (clamp onto the arm) and rear (on the shock mount). Look for '92-'95 Civic w/o front factory bar sway bar, part # ACLO72667X. I believe the size is 25mm front and 19mm rear, around $240 for the set. Eibach makes a set too (25mm Fr.,17.5mm R), at $430 for the set.

Get the "Performance Bar" from the DOHC VTEC del Sol model for the front lower one, this comes stock on the DOHC VTEC's and Acura GSR's and ITR's. Your choice pretty much for the upper and lower at the rear (but anything but DC Sports, theirs flex to much, so no different then not having them on there), but OBX makes some that are not that much for the ties bars and work great.

That should give you a start on it. By the way do you still have my Vice Grips from the one meet we had?

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, have to give you the other part # and it is ACL072676Y for the Suspension Techniques bars, the same price for the Si del Sol model. The Skunk2 upper control arms will help in bring it back to stock specs by lengthening it.

On tie bars, some folks will say they don't do anything at the rear, that sway bars give you more, will it's somewhat true, the sways will give more impact on handling, but look at it this way, why did Honda put 5 tie bars on their ITR's then, (two at the front, upper and lower, at the rear upper and lower, and one more at the back of the trunk. By the way I noticed a big difference when I added the top one, not much for the bottom one.

Also why I'm so down on coilovers (I guess I should explain why) is because they use shorter springs so the spring rate is high to begin with to provide damping/oscillation/rebound, but the shock has to do more or most of the work, not the spring as with a stock setup and you can loose the contact patch on the tires with the road. I'm sure you've seen pictures of cars going on a corner with only three wheels to the ground right when pushing it. That's why you don't want it to overly stiff overall, but still have some stock travel to keep it from doing that. With coilovers, if they bottom out your whole frame on the car is acting as the spring causing that behavior, not good, not good at all for control. Besides the changes in stock suspension geometry points with a very low car and ride quality (very bumpy).

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast