Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:us

would those work good ? if you cant read the link its ebay item number 330115689607

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by stylpntbil:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:us

would those work good ? if you cant read the link its ebay item number 330115689607
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From what I have in the book, is no (for '90-'93 Intregra, that's the one you posted on the link), '94-'00 Intregra yes, same as the del Sol, both use the same part numbers.
    What's weird is the '92-'95 Civic uses a different part number, but I would think it would be the same as the del Sol since you can use suspension parts from them as well as the Intregra (years '94-'00). Go fiqure.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the info like always you have been a great help on the subject

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i believe the torque specs on the rar lower control arms is..."tight". lol . I'd really look into saving the money you'd spend on strut bars and put it into a better spring/coilover setup. You can always go with the ground control springs or sleeved coilovers with custom spring rates. Strut bars are REALLY over rated if you ask me, the biggest problem on our cars is the center of the chassis, not so much the outter extremeties(sp).

I wish they made a "butterfly" brace for del sols just like how they make them for miatas. those things look badass.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by pLaYbOi:
    i believe the torque specs on the rar lower control arms is..."tight". lol . I'd really look into saving the money you'd spend on strut bars and put it into a better spring/coilover setup. You can always go with the ground control springs or sleeved coilovers with custom spring rates. Strut bars are REALLY over rated if you ask me, the biggest problem on our cars is the center of the chassis, not so much the outter extremeties(sp).

I wish they made a "butterfly" brace for del sols just like how they make them for miatas. those things look badass.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, the weight is suppose to be on the "ground" to do the final torque setting.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

hey geo, I have kind of the same ? but I couldn't get a straight and true answer out of reading the earlier posts on this. So here is the problem just it does as well feel light in the rear but I am goin to put a sub box in the truck that would give a good bit of weight over the rear about 40 to 60 pounds. I am wondering, I want to either put on the strut bars top and bottom front and rear or just go with the sway bars for now and get the strut bars later. The car is a 93 si, stock motor and suspension for the moment and really like the corners mostly I want to do road racing and things of that nature so corners are the main coarse. I have heard that strut bars do add some feel to the steering and handling of the cars but bars give you alot more for the roughly same amount of money. I was also wondering if the sway bars are the way to go which setup would be the best to go with since you mentioned the bars for an s model that doesn't come with a front bar. I am more than willing to get lower arms first and get it ready for the bar than just throw it on there and find out when I go to put them on that I need more parts to finish. I don't mind using integra or other honda bars but I would like to stay within the del sol specific bars as what I myself believe is that they are more suited to that specific chassic. As again any help is definitely appreciated and sorry about not being at the meet I unfornately got called in to work. But for sure I will be at the next meet

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Delsolboy:
    hey geo, I have kind of the same ? but I couldn't get a straight and true answer out of reading the earlier posts on this. So here is the problem just it does as well feel light in the rear but I am goin to put a sub box in the truck that would give a good bit of weight over the rear about 40 to 60 pounds. I am wondering, I want to either put on the strut bars top and bottom front and rear or just go with the sway bars for now and get the strut bars later. The car is a 93 si, stock motor and suspension for the moment and really like the corners mostly I want to do road racing and things of that nature so corners are the main coarse. I have heard that strut bars do add some feel to the steering and handling of the cars but bars give you alot more for the roughly same amount of money. I was also wondering if the sway bars are the way to go which setup would be the best to go with since you mentioned the bars for an s model that doesn't come with a front bar. I am more than willing to get lower arms first and get it ready for the bar than just throw it on there and find out when I go to put them on that I need more parts to finish. I don't mind using integra or other honda bars but I would like to stay within the del sol specific bars as what I myself believe is that they are more suited to that specific chassic. As again any help is definitely appreciated and sorry about not being at the meet I unfornately got called in to work. But for sure I will be at the next meet
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, first thing about the bars. You have sway bars and then tie bars, I know some people get them confused as to which is which. As to which to get first, I would go with the sways, front then rear, (if you're on a budget which most of us are) you'll get more "feel/bang" for the money, then put the ties on, front upper, then do the rear upper, then go to the lower ones. On the sways the Intrega front bar is the same as used on the DOHC VTEC models and would be easier to find, the rear is a bit smaller then the DOHC VTEC, or you could go with an aftermarket of 19mm so you don't have to reinforce the rear mounting points as you would with bigger bar or go with a package deal that includes the flat plate tie (the rear sway then mounts to it) acrossed that area to reinforce it from tearing out.

A warning to everyone, don't ever put just a rear sway on if you don't have a front sway ('93-'95 S models), otherwise even if it's dry out you can swap ends if you have to brake fast, wind gust, etc (we had a member that did just that after I told him not to). Very scary handing with only a rear sway (Over-steering big time, very hard to control. Most stock factory cars are made to under-steer, much easier to control).

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12