Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whoooo!! Got up to 120, and was still climbing. That's untill had to hit brakes. Chasing a Vette. I haven't gone over 95 since I got it. Should put all my racing gear on and see how she does drafting. Now I have to find a test track, and get some volunteers. Oh, stock engine, few bolt on's, steelies w/crap rubber. Wonder what Av gas, performance wheels/tires, and a draft will do.

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can't use draft numbers, that's cheating...like racing down a cliff with a tail wind. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I conversated with Geo about this. Guess a big concern is the bumper catching the mass of 130mph air, and causing lift. It had caused me to brain storm about making some panels under the car to either reduce or deflect the air more smoothly under the rear. May cause a little downforce, but only in high speeds, I figure. However the thought of a draft is that it disrupts the air, and may not cause this problem. Still, perhaps somewhere I can run up to that fast, without as much risk of spin, or cops. It's a goal to reach over 130.

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You start doing underbody panels like F1 and you are going to start getting heating problems from poor air circulation in the engine bay. You'll also want to drop your car lower to get max effect. If you want to reach 130, just drop it off a bridge. Just make sure it is a high bridge, or maybe dam, or it won't reach terminal velocity. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heres a simple solution, why dont you get a big ass spoiler like all the other ricers and actually use it for more than its aesthetic qualities [img]smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Rodamus:
    I conversated with Geo about this. Guess a big concern is the bumper catching the mass of 130mph air, and causing lift. It had caused me to brain storm about making some panels under the car to either reduce or deflect the air more smoothly under the rear. May cause a little downforce, but only in high speeds, I figure. However the thought of a draft is that it disrupts the air, and may not cause this problem. Still, perhaps somewhere I can run up to that fast, without as much risk of spin, or cops. It's a goal to reach over 130.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had no problem reaching 130 on a straight away in my 93 si.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love this topic. I Actually was leaving Ellensburg going to Yakima(yeah i know ...down hill) but i was doing about 105 when two harleys come out of nowhere. I get in the passing lane to follow them and they were going about 120. With my fried tires thats hella scary! Any wayz we get almost to the bottom when i get back in the right lane to let my lil' engine rest a bit. I hit up the next rest stop and i see those bikers. I looked at the bike the biker chick was riding. Holy Crap i said. She was riding a trike with a one wheel trailer on it. I was amazed that she didn't flip it. Anyway thats my two cents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WoooHooo!! Off the scale man! Got the dial about 1/8 inch past 130. Felt stable, and wanted to keep going. I heard a whining hum, so I slowed down. Lots of wind noise. Nothing super special done. Just running on AV gas = 100LL (100 octane low lead) Ok, now I had my fun so back to normal driving.