Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aiight guys i dont have alot of knowledge on cars but i need to know whats going on with my car. kinda have an idea whats wrong. aiight so my car is acting up. every time im cruisin in any gear and step on the gas my car hardly goes anywhere and it just starts revin up. my needle on my tach just goes up to six and half grand and stays there. whats goin on? somebody help me out!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bad clutch/pressure plate if it's a stick trans.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 14, 2008 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Geo 94 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Yep sounds just like a worn out clutch, same thing I have just farther along in the stages of degrading.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you have really heavy grinding problems in any gear then I would your choice to look into getting it rebuild but if there isn't really a problem with shifting then no I wouldn't worry about it. You can get a regular clutch at schucks or autozone for around one or two hundred. Or you can get a stage one or two depending on your future plans for the car for a couple hundred. Oh and you may need to get a new flywheel incase the old one is warped. Geo will have a better answer for you but this is mostly what you will need.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

figured it wouldve been the clutch. where can i get one at? now would it be wise to get a new tranny while im at it? or is it koo?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On a D block you don't want to get a really heavy duty clutch as it can destroy the front main bearing (weak point on/in d block transmissions), I'm talking about the after market puck style with a high clamping pressure plate. B block transmissions don't have this problem by the way. A "heavy duty" (one step up from stock) with a stock type disk should also be fine.

A stock type will be fine and won't or shouldn't give the stock transmission any problems. Also be sure to have the flywheel re-surface so the clutch will last a good long time and have a flat surface to work with.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aiight so im hella confused. my car seems running fine now. what i said about it just revin up in any gear like the clutch was going...well it aint doin it anymore. whats goin on??????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It could have been a problem with the clutch master/slave (going out/blocked or low on fluid) that maybe was causing it or the throwout arm wasn't on it's pivot point and now is or something was jamming the pressure plate from contacting correctly and is worn/gone now (mine broke a piece off the pressure plate and did something like what you talked about, but I couldn't get it to change gears).

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx