Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard something about older integra rear brakes would work, but i don't know all the parts i need to do it, if someone could help, that'd be awesome.

Or if someone had a dead sol they were parting out with rear disk brakes, i'd buy them off you.

in other news my sol doesn't tick anymore like it did at the meet, i made an attempt to adjust my own valves and didn't do too bad. Well, the car didn't explode, so i guess i did alright [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm, let's see if I remember the facts correctly. You need rear LCAs that have the mountings for the caliper. The teg units are sized for slightly larger discs so you will need/want larger than stock wheels to accommodate the system. If you get Civic LCAs and calipers, you can keep the stock wheels. You can also bolt the Civic calipers onto the teg LCAs and keep the stockers. The teg lowers have mounts for a sway bar but not all Civic disc LCAs do. You will need new brake lines and parking components too, I believe. It's probably easiest to take everything off another sol/civic. You know where Geo parks his sol, right? It looks like you are in the vicinity, I say go for it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 10, 2008 11:39 AM: Message edited by: BiffStroganoffsky ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As was said above, you need the whole trailing arm assembly from a Civic or Intrega with rear disks (the bearing are different between the disks and drums so you can't mount the disks on a drum backing plate). Some have the mounting points on the lower LCA's, some don't. On the wheels, they don't have to be changed with either sets of arm assemblies, (just Intrega's uses 15 inch wheels standard, but 14's will fit with no problems, same same rear assemblies used on both except the ITR's). The only other things needed are new brake lines and the e-brake cables (Civic or Intrega's are to long to use) as mentioned above.

Also be sure to get an alignment after you install them, it will be off (rear toe-in).

And to Klio:

cats1iu0 imagephpxz5

Hee, hee!!

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 12, 2008 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Geo 94 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did the conversion on my 92 hatch. I used 95 GSR trailing arms, GSR calipers, 97 VTEC sol rotors, and brake lines. Almost everything except LCA's. I used the civic LCA's. The parking brake cables fit fine, and my VX wheels 13" fit no problem. My hatch, and del sol are almost identical frame/body. Just different shell. It was a chore, but I'm happy with it. Flush the brake lines, check for leaks, and double check after driving. Yes, get an alignment too. Good luck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haha, yea dude i know where he lives. I wouldn't be that mean though, he'd see me at another meet with his brakes and be like "wtf?"

I heard there's a place up north of here that has lots of hondas/acuras, but my friends who have gone say they forget where it is, so i'm kinda shit outta luck

haha. . . . . . . .sol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the help guys, i think i might just wait on it though, it seems like a lot of work, i'll stick to my task at hand.

New camshaft/getting my old ecu chipped.

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Doh!... I've still got LCA on my mind as I think about getting Solitaire into the finished garage to fix. Good thing Geo and Rodamus was around to point out that it is the trailing arm assembly with the backing plate that has the disc specific rotor mounts. You just miss a meet or two and the your memory is toast. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]