Thread: inlet resonator size. extra hp???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

i came across and article regarding inlet resonators and supposedly the larger the size of the resinator (located next to the throttle body) the more hp u gain. by adding a 950cc accord resinator on they got an increase of 4 kw at the wheels!!! has any1 heard of this??? any feed back would be much appreciated

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe what they are talking about is increasing the air flow (I haven't seen the article your talking about). I've seen some strange looking intakes from Japan where the tube is flaired out just after the filter and then narrowed down, this would increase the air flow as it is narrowed down, air just moves faster though a smaller place. Just increasing the area won't work the best, air will flow slower in a more open area then a narrow one, the design of the intake has a major factor on this. On a side note the '96-'97's have a much small intake area tube then the ones on '94-'95, don't know what effect this has on the power curve as I'm not a thermodynamics engineer. Just increasing the density on the air with cold air probably would have/give more effect on an increase in power for the everyday persons car. This is just food for thought, I may be totally wrong on some of this.

Geo
    Team Sol of Washington

newlogo3